What's the buzz

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He made the country side that year and was on fire , then nothing for next few years until this year, which has only been a few games mind you
Don’t think he’s that type of bloke, took unders last contract to stay but wouldn’t say he had a blinder only now developing into a good footballer our retention has been shocking for a long time now, I’d hate to see Elliot leave

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep I am aware he is a NSW man
Yes yes
I’m sure he will displace finucane, Murray, radley and Jake turbo in the nsw side

we should sign him on a taumolo type contract immediately

the guy at his best is a 6/10 player
He wouldn’t make any other starting fg side in the nrl

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes yes
I’m sure he will displace finucane, Murray, radley and Jake turbo in the nsw side

You forgot Jack debellend in your previous list

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Elliot has been very good, but wouldnt pay big money for him

Pay
“Yep roster is going to be improved Adam”

Elliot
“Nice, where do I sign”

Pay
“I said the roster is being improved”

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be honest I’m just so over is at the moment. The media can stretch things generally where there is smoke there is fire. We don’t have a vision we don’t have direction. I want to know who is coaching us next I want to see signings. We have never been a basket case club but at the moment we are. We actually are.......... fuck I hope we win today

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not going to enter into the debate over whether Elliott is good or not, just want to comment on something a lot of people seem to be missing.

Old Liverspot uses the word "likely" in his comment about Elliott and Pay. That means this is pure speculation. Does Elliott's signing really depend on who is coach next season? Who knows, certainly Butt Rumfield wouldn't know.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes yes

Like I said finchie I’ll be Fukn stoked if he’s in the NSw side lol

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Elliott has definitely performed well this season, but what other club would actually take him as a starting lock? Warriors and maybe Dragons?

Paul Doolans mirror

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
SINNER
The Bulldogs are treating club legend Dean Pay disgracefully. He needs to be respectfully told his coaching services are not required next year rather than the board going behind his back to chase the likes of Craig Bellamy. Pay has had a very ordinary roster to work with, through no fault of his own.

HARD-NOSED BULLDOG IN DEMAND
The Bulldogs’ best player, lock Adam Elliott, is attracting interest from rival clubs, with his contract expiring at the end of the season.

And he is likely to delay a decision until he knows if Dean Pay will be coaching.

Elliott’s partner Robyn recently gave birth to their first child and the 25-year-old is looking to set himself up with a long-term deal and a pay rise to justify the enormous improvement in his game.

“The Bulldogs have said they are about to put an offer to us,” Elliot’s manager David Riolo said.

“He’s happy there to a point but he’d like to see the roster improve. They’ve got some money but it depends how they plan to spend it.”
DOGS TURN TO TEST GREAT
Former Test cricketer Brad Haddin is working at the Canterbury Bulldogs to mentor the club’s leadership group. He would never say it publicly but we’re told Haddin is surprised that certain board members are so involved with the operations of the football department.

This will be an interesting one to keep an eye on because we know Chris Anderson, who was forced to stand down from the board because his businesses collapsed owing millions of dollars, is still on the edges and involved in talks with various player managers
Nasheed queer..
You know we as a club are rubbish when you get ole whiskey nose proclaiming adam elliott as our best player..i have been a supporter since 1985 and these last 4 years have easily been the worst era.Atleast if we had a bad year like 2008 we always had the funds and power to rebuild quickly,the way we are going this will be a decade long rebuild.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Wait a fucking second. I just read the posts I missed out on and was wondering how the fuck origin talk got into this thread.

Did someone seriously fucking suggest elliot was going to play origin??

Lmfao.

As finches said there's a long list of players better than him for lock.

Then add in

Frizzel
Graham
Corner
Crichton
Fitzgibbon( he's younger than elliot and already better than him)
David fifita

And somehow elliot is going to be picked ahead of all these players for origin?

Lmfao ok whatever

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Elliott has definitely performed well this season, but what other club would actually take him as a starting lock? Warriors and maybe Dragons?
Depends on what is needed. Some teams have been going with a 3rd prop for lock (Sherman @ Knights, Blair @ Worriors), some are going for workhorses (Yeo @ Pantsers, Finucane @ Strom). Elliott has a bit of ball play and line running to his game, he can be good on the edges, and he has a bit of workhorse and terrier in him. If a team is looking for that combination in particular I can see them paying a bit for Elliott. Of players with similar skill combination perhaps Radley and Murray are the only ones that are clearly a higher standard?

Titans might go for him as lock given Arrow is leaving. Not the same player, but maybe Holbrook will look to adjust strategy? I could see Tigers potentially going for a someone like Elliott, ditto Sharks. Dragons would be the most likely team given they have lost Graham, Tyson, and Bellend.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Elliot should be resigned as the Social Club coordinator. Organise team bonding sessions . A Morale officer of sorts. Not resigned to play footy.