What's the buzz dogs after sharks gf winner

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nah he will be good, last 3-4 years of his career, experienced leader, organiser and goal kicker. Also allows us to play a young 6 without too much pressure on them at all.
Don’t agree at all mate he’s garbage. If this happens Sharks fans will be doing handstands for good reason.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is zero credibility to this story . It’s just Buzz making up shit to try and get Townsend out of his club.

No quotes from anyone .

A bit like the Foran to Newcastle story. These muppets can say anything they want.

About 1 in 20 of these rumours are true.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Green and Townsend, happy days in 2021.
Not the flashiest halves, but they can both organise and lead a young team around the field, with less mistakes and chronic stupidity displayed by any of our halves this year. Cogger has looked the most like a half back this year to me, and he’s hardly played. Massive upgrade on any combination containing Lewis!

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
hes signed to cronulla until 2023 lol unless they are willing to release

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To put it in perspective the next snippet in his column is a “Spotted - Euan Aitken demolishing a quarter pounder at maccas half hour after his side lost to Canberra “.

I shit you not .

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not the flashiest halves, but they can both organise and lead a young team around the field, with less mistakes and chronic stupidity displayed by any of our halves this year. Cogger has looked the most like a half back this year to me, and he’s hardly played. Massive upgrade on any combination containing Lewis!
I think one issue is Green might be missing for half the season though. To me that pairing gets you sitting around 8-10th next season which I guess is an upgrade on the spoon.

I'd prefer not to see Averillo go elsewhere too, I know he has alot to work on but he isn't a centre, if he's in the clubs plans as a half he needs to be worked in somehow.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Don’t agree at all mate he’s garbage. If this happens Sharks fans will be doing handstands for good reason.
Of course they will because they save cap space and have Johnson, Trindall and Tracey. But in our current position we need someone like Chad to steer the ship because it's obvious we have no direction on the field. Lewis, Wakeham and Averillo won't provide that and Green will be out for ages so what choice do we have honestly ?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
hes signed to cronulla until 2023 lol unless they are willing to release
He's not actually. He's signed for next year and has a player option for 2022 and 2023. With Johnson, Trindall and Tracey around I think he will take the option to leave and get a better deal / playing time for his last NRL contract

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Of course they will because they save cap space and have Johnson, Trindall and Tracey. But in our current position we need someone like Chad to steer the ship because it's obvious we have no direction on the field. Lewis, Wakeham and Averillo won't provide that and Green will be out for ages so what choice do we have honestly ?
Green won’t be out for ages he might miss 6 games max so it’s no reason to go out and buy another organising half. Buying Townsend would be diabolical bit of roster management.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Green won’t be out for ages he might miss 6 games max so it’s no reason to go out and buy another organising half. Buying Townsend would be diabolical bit of roster management.
It would be better than buying another average backrower lol

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think one issue is Green might be missing for half the season though. To me that pairing gets you sitting around 8-10th next season which I guess is an upgrade on the spoon.

I'd prefer not to see Averillo go elsewhere too, I know he has alot to work on but he isn't a centre, if he's in the clubs plans as a half he needs to be worked in somehow.
Haven’t seen much of Averillo this year. (Have tried to avoid our games where possible this year, as it’s inevitable a healthy dose of pain in rather depressing times for any football fan. ) But if the wraps on this kid as a running footballer who can’t tackle are true , there’s no where else to play him than Fullback. He’s quick enough to not be a total liability in defence.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If they sign Townsend they should tear up Green's deal. But of course this board would never do anything to offend a recruit, they'd sooner set the club backwards by honouring a deal to a 34 year old.