What's everyone do for work / make a living

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
my mum was a nurse in that area for a long time
the worst stories i heard
someone drunk at a house party, went outside with 1 person for a smoke and made a joke above diving in the pool
jumped in... pool was drained. terrible life changing situation

another one
fully fit 40 year old bloke 4 kids
was playing tennis with a mate, walking into the court, tripped on the little gutter as he was turned around talking to someone. Landed on his neck.

Both ended up quadriplegic. so crazy
Terrible things..I was in the rehabilitation centre with a guy who was out for a jog..he ran under a tree and a heavy branch broke off the tree just as he ran under it..broke his back and became a paraplegic.

ps..thank your Mum for looking after us,,tough job.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Geotech / Soil tech / Field Supervisor / Senior Lab tech / Dirt Doctor
You should go into paleontology, except it doesn't pay much in Oz. I'm hosting tours to the dinosaur dig sites in far western Qld next year.
Black soils country - you'd find it interesting, the way the soil turns over and pops up fence posts.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thank you LD. She died of complications from dementia 2 years ago and we feel the trauma of the circumstances, brought it on.

She never stopped loving watching the Bulldogs on tv though :grinning:
My late mother, too. She'd ring me after every game to talk about the Dogs. Even had a Bulldog on her casket at the funeral.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
My late mother, too. She'd ring me after every game to talk about the Dogs. Even had a Bulldog on her casket at the funeral.
I can understand that CH :grinning: A Bulldog on her casket was a wonderful tribute.

We spoke of Mum's love for our team at her service but I wished I'd thought of putting some of her supporter gear with her.

My mother stopped recognising who WE were, yet still looked forward to watching the Berries/ Bulldogs. It's amazing how this Club can stay in your heart.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
You should go into paleontology, except it doesn't pay much in Oz. I'm hosting tours to the dinosaur dig sites in far western Qld next year.
Black soils country - you'd find it interesting, the way the soil turns over and pops up fence posts.
The Dinosaur Stampede is pretty amazing.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My dad fell off one. Unconscious for 10 days, never regained and then passed on :(
That’s a really sad story mate, absolutely tragic for your entire family
I used to be on the tools in my younger years and climbing ladders along with being in a one man hoist / EWP was everyday practices.
To be honest it was always a bit nerve racking.

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
That’s a really sad story mate, absolutely tragic for your entire family
I used to be on the tools in my younger years and climbing ladders along with being in a one man hoist / EWP was everyday practices.
To be honest it was always a bit nerve racking.
Thanks for your thoughts :grinning:

It was common practice to be a bit slack using them. I shudder and insist on a couple safety points when anyone uses one around me now and can't go above three steps myself.

Happened at my parents hobby farm and apart from going back to spread his ashes, no one ever went back except to get a few personal items. Family just couldn't face it. When he died there, his dream of a bush retreat for the grandchildren died as well.

Sold it walk in/walk out.