What's everyone do for work / make a living

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Makes you wonder how he got thru the first 3 years
Yes it does make you wonder. However I worked there full time for 25 years prior to being an exam supervisor.

I often saw students who I wondered how they managed to get into the place.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
@Wahesh when you have beers for lunch and maybe a few whiskeys make sure when you're working at heights to have safety shoes on and a dodgy plank going to you're scaffold
View attachment 18473
There was a time when I would have laughed at that photo; but having fallen from a ladder and badly busted my leg, with broken bones poking through my shin, my foot totally disconnected from my leg, and blood gushing everywhere, I don't recommend it to anyone to take it too lightly when working at heights.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I used to be in Telco and IT Sales, but the Company i worked for lost the contract to sell the products i was selling, so i am now unemployed
Sorry to hear that. Hope you find work soon.

I was given the job of retrenching people when I worked for a large financial institution; That was the worst job I had. I quit as soon as the project was over.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
There was a time when I would have laughed at that photo; but having fallen from a ladder and badly busted my leg, with broken bones poking through my shin, my foot totally disconnected from my leg, and blood gushing everywhere, I don't recommend it to anyone to take it too lightly when working at heights.
I usually gots a plan b lol ,most ladder injuries are off 6 foot steps people get complacent, my biggest worry is my back is fucked and my legs randomly drop out from underneath me.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I’m a Facilities manager so look after commercial buildings in the city. All the boring OH&S shit and rules and regulations but it can also be interesting. Also like having the power onsite as the buck stops with me. Lots of opportunities to develop a good team of contractors and technicians that can all trust each other (if you are in the industry you understand) um yeah okay job I guess

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I usually gots a plan b lol ,most ladder injuries are off 6 foot steps people get complacent, my biggest worry is my back is fucked and my legs randomly drop out from underneath me.
Funny you should say that - mine was a four step ladder, but I'm 72 and not as unbreakable as I once was. All good now; have a titanium rod from knee to ankle.

Take good care with your back, you don't want to be in a wheelchair when you get older.

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The penalties for cheating are quite severe.

Students are informed of this both at enrolment and orientation.

He cannot repeat the year as the uni does not allow him to re enrol because of the cheating.

As for continuing on at another uni. He would have to start again. Reason being his new uni would ask him for a copy of his academic transcript showing which subjects he has passed. That document would indicate that he was caught cheating so any new uni would refuse his enrolment.

He has one option. Start from scratch and not let the cat out of the bag as to what happened previously.
Ah geez that is harsh, all the work he's done should count for something.
A year's suspension would be fairer I think and maybe during that year he could be made to talk about the consequences of cheating to other students

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Absolutely, I have come across many people in the spinal unit who have fallen from ladders.. Not to be taken lightly..

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Absolutely, I have come across many people in the spinal unit who have fallen from ladders.. Not to be taken lightly..
my mum was a nurse in that area for a long time
the worst stories i heard
someone drunk at a house party, went outside with 1 person for a smoke and made a joke above diving in the pool
jumped in... pool was drained. terrible life changing situation

another one
fully fit 40 year old bloke 4 kids
was playing tennis with a mate, walking into the court, tripped on the little gutter as he was turned around talking to someone. Landed on his neck.

Both ended up quadriplegic. so crazy