Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
What club fields a side to come second?
Were all in it to win.
We don't make GFs by mistake, we want it, its called desire, do we have it?

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Top 8 is a pass top 4 is an A plus
But if we finish in the Top 10 I'll be happy

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Virtually no one has us in their top 8 outside Bulldogs supporters , so maybe top 8 is a bit to optimistic..... I know we currently have a lot of money tied up in players that aren't worth what we are paying them .. all things considered top 8 would be an achievement, but not something I'm expecting this year.. as long as we improve, I'll be happy

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
A pass is definitely a top 8 finish. Excelling would be top 4, but that is a bit of a stretch.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
For me a pass mark is not about making the 8,

a pass mark is us actually improving and going forward in the right direction which includes blooding youngsters, buying players for next year and beyond. ALso setting up a platform where we will be premiership contenders in the next year or 2. Playing attacking and enterprising football as well as shoring up our defense. We could come 9th or 10th for example and i would still be happy if we show promise for the years to come.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This isn't university, where if you "get your Ps you get your degrees".

There is no "pass" mark. You give 100% and aim for the top.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Id be happy with top 8 and at least one win in the semis. Anything more then this i will be very happy.
This doesnt mean i dont think its possible for us to bo much better then this, but there are a lot of teally strong teams this year, and we have a pretty horrible draw. So if we do better then this and prove everyone wrong then i will be over the fucking moon. But im not expecting this.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
For me, a pass mark will be judged on the "eye test."

The aim should be to have the foundations to put forward a top competitive team in 2019 following a few recruitments.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Minor premiers, Premiers, 11 players selected for origin. Would definitely be a pass mark in my books.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Top 8 but winning at least 1 game against every other 7 teams in that final 8

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anyone see the experts predictions ?
Only 1 in 16 predict the dogs will make the top 8

I woulda thought that the upgrade of our forward pack with 'prop of the year ' and a the introduction of a halfback would boost our top 8 reputation to new heights but nobody's giving us a look in

What do they know that We don't?

old school dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
10th would be a good result. Carrying Brett Morris, Josh Morris, Matt Frawley, Adam Elliot, Greg Eastwood, Aden Tolman will be too much of a burden for our better players this year.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Anyone see the experts predictions ?
Only 1 in 16 predict the dogs will make the top 8

I woulda thought that the upgrade of our forward pack with 'prop of the year ' and a the introduction of a halfback would boost our top 8 reputation to new heights but nobody's giving us a look in

What do they know that We don't?
Rookie coach, average backline, inexperienced players in key positions, new spine combination, underperforming experienced players, time needed to overhaul Desball, etc.

Our side also has a lot of unknows compared to others so it's hard to judge us. Dogs fan will look at these unknowns as almost always working out where others probably wont. For example we have Foran staying fit, Moses handling the switch to fullback, players improving on what they showed last year, etc.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
* a more fluid attack... I was horrified last season thinking that the team as a whole might not out score El Masri's 2004 personal total

* a greater emphasis on developing players... we went from one of the great league production lines in the early noughties to almost nothing in the last several years

* some plan for a longer term spine... I am happy to give Foran, Mbye and Lichaa time to make their positions their own but we need a halves partner for Foran

* be in contention for the top 8... ultimately, I don't think we will make it but I want us to be hard to beat and make the better teams earn their wins

* a cleanout of the older, Hasler era players that no longer can get the job done

* for the board members and admin to shut the f*+# up... if you really are doing a good job, then you individually should not be talked about... it should simply be what a good/great organization the 'Dogs are

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Rookie coach, average backline, inexperienced players in key positions, new spine combination, underperforming experienced players, time needed to overhaul Desball, etc.

Our side also has a lot of unknows compared to others so it's hard to judge us. Dogs fan will look at these unknowns as almost always working out where others probably wont. For example we have Foran staying fit, Moses handling the switch to fullback, players improving on what they showed last year, etc.
Well put + other teams improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.