Opinion What your club needs for 2021: Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
If we did then it must have been minimum wage or close.
no it was a very good offer, but he also had offer from 5 other clubs as well, he just wanted to stay in canberra with the promise of more first grade

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I thought that too. But pay and hasler were similar in the fact the hooker was strictly a distributer and a tackling machine. Give him a few games under Barrett, he might surprise
FUCKING PLEASE CHANGE YOUR AVATAR BRO

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Not really. We did target Sam Walker, Harry Grant and now Burton - they're 3 of the best prospects going round.
When Walker was on the market we had Pay as coach so that was never going to happen. With Grant apparently we were $50K short and now we're going for Burton. I think we're on the right track moving forward
Add Reece Robson to that list...

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really don't understand why we didn't sign Starling from the Raiders. Could have got him for the same cost as Waddell probably. He would have had to prefer a starting spot with us over staying second fiddle to Hodgson. He would have been cheap obviously and if he didn't work out we could have still signed someone better for 2022 and kept him as back-up (much better option than JMK or Katoa as a back-up too).

I think we should have signed Alex Johnston also as a potential fullback. Similar with Corey Allan. Both would be good cheap wingers if they didn't make it at fullback. For f... all we would have had an upgrade at least at fullback and hooker for 2021 and still had the money for Burton (and JAC for 2022)
All this makes sense!
Good cheap upgrades on current crop....or is it crap!??