What would you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
MzB_90 said:
I would be upset but there is no way I will change teams. I've been a doggies supporter the second I was born and I will never change. I love the doggies just because my favourite player left I would eventually get over it but I'm a doggies supporter, I have blue and white blood. I'm never gonna change.
well said.

>iTs A dOgG LyF<

.aka. DoG4LyFe
Reaction score
If you change because of one player then you were NEVER a REAL dogs fan. Was born in Canterbury, lived in Campsie my whole life, been a supporter since i was born & as my name says i am a DOG4LIFE.

K

K E

Cammo said:
I support the club and that will never change. That's why I don't care if someone leaves, there will always be someone else to take their place and I have confidence in The Dogs coaching staff
Same here.

Cammo said:
They can turn them into great players (especially if they come from Parra :D )
Aint that the truth! LOL

Reaction score
yeah id have to feel a little bit of sadness especially if a fav doggie but bulldogs are bulldogs i cant not love da doggies im addicted to my footy

SBW_Fan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Players come and go even though you feel sad when they leave you eventually get over it.Im a Bulldogs supporter first and for most and nothing will ever change that.

katz12

GB International
Reaction score
Yeh,i agree with SBW_fan! Players come and go all the time!
So many of my favourite Leeds Rhinos players have left, such as Tonie Caroll, Robbie Mears and Adrian Morley.I still watch their games on tv cos its nice to see how there getting on.I suppose ots not so bad when our players go to NRL.
Matt Adamson was a favourite player of mine so ill try watch as many Canterbury games as i can to see how he`s getting on!

A

atomic_crimson

price was my fave but he left... still supoorting the doggies...

i still love price but my fave doggies player is now bobcat....

but you always support the club mno matter who comes and goes... if u stop your support due to one player then you arent a real supporter... you are supporting a team of guys as a doggies fan not one player!

Reaction score
atomic_crimson said:

but you always support the club mno matter who comes and goes... if u stop your support due to one player then you arent a real supporter... you are supporting a team of guys as a doggies fan not one player!
well said. ;)

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
atomic_crimson said:

I agree

I supported the Bulldogs light years before Sonny was on the scene!!!!!
and ill be supporting the Bulldogs light years after sonny is on the scene

im not a 1 player groupie!!!

like this Girl I know, use to follow the Sharks Cause Preston Campbell played for them!!!
now she is a huge Panthers supporter :rolleyes:

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dogs_Goddess said:
I know that a fair few people have a specific player who is their favourite.. or a few players.. what would you do if ur fav player/players left the club and went to another one? would you continue your support for the bulldogs/the team you follow or would you follow your favourite players?
I've watched it happen time and again over 40 years of supporting my team.

The team has a life of its own and goes on without star players - it has too, they can't play forever. As one star goes another arises.

If you followed a favourite player you might have to buy a whole new wardrobe every second year as they continue to change clubs. And, where are you when they retire?

LiTTLEMiSSWOG

**BulldogsBabe**
Reaction score
price was my fave player but hes gone now n im still going 2 b a bulldog 4 life :grinning:

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
I follow the football team

Footballers are only a piece of meat
when there well done and used (price,britt,Hethro polly etc) move then on and
time to bring in the fresh meat and build a new team

No time for sentiment in football

Reaction score
I'd stay with the club. If they leave, they're not as loyal as they say.

Grrr

proud to be a bulldog
Reaction score
id stay with my club for sure

Pineapple_Boy

Waterboy
Reaction score
ThatsMYteam said:
if my case ild always supporter roosters but ild keep an eye out for how ex roosters players were going
that mean ull still keep an eye out for hodges

craig

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
if any bulldog player goes to the roosters, parra or dragons they wont have my support anymore. any other team id still like them but would hope sonny and shrek drops them like sacks of potatoes on the field.

BULLDOGS BACK TO BACK DOG ATTACK 04/05!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Christabella

Reaction score
I must have missed this thread before ... I lost of my former favourites ths season and although I wish him well I have no intention of now following his new club ... I joined their forums for other reasons completely!

What I have done is found an adequate younger replacement coming up through our ranks ... same size, same nice personality and probably a better sense of humour. I only hope he does as well in the future.

sonnyfaifan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
well my favourite player just left my club (vinnie anderson) am fuminga t the club cause they won't say why. but i will still support them and vinnie as well

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Huntress_555 said:
If Lockyer left the Broncos, I would still support the Broncos. I'd still like Lockyer, but no enough to change supporting teams, i love the broncos too much :grinning:
I'd like Lockyer if he donned the blue and white :grinning:

Price went to the Warriors. I liked Price alot and the Bulldogs will never be the same without him, but life goes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.