What would you do if you won the lotto?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Sad reality is even a small win these days $0 to 1 million, isn't enough to set you up.

If I won a decent jackpot though, I'd get the basics setup (House / cars / maybe holiday home somewhere nice). Maybe a decent yacht. Then retire from work and just enjoy life, but not splurge the entire thing.

Effectively you could live fairly frugally off the entire savings (and invested interest).

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Sad reality is even a small win these days $0 to 1 million, isn't enough to set you up.

If I won a decent jackpot though, I'd get the basics setup (House / cars / maybe holiday home somewhere nice). Maybe a decent yacht. Then retire from work and just enjoy life, but not splurge the entire thing.

Effectively you could live fairly frugally off the entire savings (and invested interest).
Depends
If I won only 1 mil I bet I could set myself up for life,
It would just take me longer.
It wouldn't be instant

1 mill or under you are a fool if you get cars and holidays and other shit

But I promise you this

If I won 1 mil
I'd be retired in 10 years and then have the holidays, boats and cars and I'd still have the million

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Depends
If I won only 1 mil I bet I could set myself up for life,
It would just take me longer.
It wouldn't be instant

1 mill or under you are a fool if you get cars and holidays and other shit

But I promise you this

If I won 1 mil
I'd be retired in 10 years and then have the holidays, boats and cars and I'd still have the million
Depends if you already own a home.
If you don't there goes $1 million and you still haven't got the nicest/swankiest of homes.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Depends if you already own a home.
If you don't there goes $1 million and you still haven't got the nicest/swankiest of homes.
Move to Newcastle
You can get a great family home in a quality neighbourhood 2 minutes from the greatest salt water lake in the Southern Hemisphere and 15 minutes drive to some of the greatest beaches in Australia close to shops, schools and you name it for $500k

Don't matter what industry you are in you will get work and live a relaxed lifestyle with all the big city luxury

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Move to Newcastle
You can get a great family home in a quality neighbourhood 2 minutes from the greatest salt water lake in the Southern Hemisphere and 15 minutes drive to some of the greatest beaches in Australia close to shops, schools and you name it for $500k

Don't matter what industry you are in you will get work and live a relaxed lifestyle with all the big city luxury
Yeah but then I'd have to live near Newcastle :D

At the moment I'm 30 minutes outside peak hour from the greatest Harbour in the world, and about 40 minutes from the most stunning of mountain ranges.

If I won big I'd be either going NW Sydney (Dural/Glenorie area), or Far North Qld up to Port Douglas or somewhere.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

They say that most people who win the lotto end up depressed for various reasons including the stress it puts on friends and family. No matter how close you are with your friends and family, if they know you won money and they don't see some of that money, it causes major problems. The other issue being a lack of financial control. Many people who win lotto end up broken within a few years 'cause they don't know how to control their spending. It's the same as giving someone a $20,000 credit card when they've never had a card before. In no time they'll be in massive debt with nothing to show for it.

Personally I'd do the same. Buy a nice car. Not anything too expensive, just a decent car. Then I'd put a lot into real estate. Even if the market collapses and your property price falls, you're not going to lose that much. And if you do end up wasting your money on other things then you know you have a property portfolio to fall back on.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
People... can you please stop bringing up money? I'm talking about A BILLION DOLLARS FUCKEN...

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
People... can you please stop bringing up money? I'm talking about A BILLION DOLLARS FUCKEN...
We're still talking about the Lotto though which is generally in the millions.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Can you let me know where the wreck is.

No fucking way are they worth wasting a million dollars.

I want that cash.
You got the cash. Are you forgetting? It's what you'd do with YOUR billion :D

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Buy the bulldogs. Rort the cap hard. Win premiership after premiership.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah but then I'd have to live near Newcastle :D

At the moment I'm 30 minutes outside peak hour from the greatest Harbour in the world, and about 40 minutes from the most stunning of mountain ranges.

If I won big I'd be either going NW Sydney (Dural/Glenorie area), or Far North Qld up to Port Douglas or somewhere.
I bought the house we live in currently five years ago four bedroom swimming pool huge covered bbq deck/outdoor kitchen massive boat shed with toilet and shower four car car port on 980 square block one st back from the beach at south mission for 475 k Built 2011 so the move north would give you very good bang for your buck!!

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Communist Life Control and the Corrupt idiots behind it who have a damn the consequences attitude.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Wouldn't need to rort, just become a third party sponsor for every player
All legal
If i'm going to sponsor them, i'd at least have them all come over to mow the lawn, do the housework, babysit my kid etc.

Wahesh

Reaction score
If i'm going to sponsor them, i'd at least have them all come over to mow the lawn, do the housework, babysit my kid etc.
Why? With that much moola you can hire Jim's Mowing, Jim's Housework, Jim's Babysitting, Jim's Windowing Tinting, Jim's Bath Resurfacing, Jim's BBQ Cleaning, EVERYTHING THAT JIM PROVIDES, for the rest of your life, even when you no longer have use for them.

FFS, you can BUY Jim's Group and rename it to Croydon Dog's Group.

Status
Not open for further replies.