What would you do if we merged?

What would you do if we merged?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No clubs should ever merge again. There's no point entertaining the notion when it comes to us as thankfully there's no chance of it ever happening.

A few Sydney teams should relocate eventually to make the league more national. They could still play 3-4 home games a year in Sydney.. The Perth Sharks are a logical option. Cronulla offer nothing to the league anyway.
Interesting opinion i'm looking on from afar but how so? What is so bad about them, won the comp 5 yrs ago? Competitive most years, and whilst idk for sure assume their well off financially(affluent leagues club)and should have a decent membership.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Interesting opinion i'm looking on from afar but how so? What is so bad about them, won the comp 5 yrs ago? Competitive most years, and whilst idk for sure assume their well off financially(affluent leagues club)and should have a decent membership.
My reasoning is that they get fuck all fans to their games. They have barely any juniors to speak of. St.George-Illawarra cover most of the region around them. Historically they've done fuck all aside from that one comp they won where they cheated the cap for four years straight and had a peptides scandal.

Eventually a team will have to move from Sydney and eventually the NRL will have to have a team in Perth. There are a tonne of Sharks around W.A so it would make sense from a marketing perspective.

Either the Titans, Sharks or Tigers make the most sense if a team ever did relocate.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
C'mon guys.

Are most of you seriously saying if we merged. Near as all heck, consumed Wests Tigers lock stock and barrell, that you'd stop watching or following or support the Dogs? Never watch league again?

That the club, who'd still have CB Leagues,all Wests assets and juniors and still operate out of Belmore Oval, would be dead to you?

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My reasoning is that they get fuck all fans to their games. They have barely any juniors to speak of. St.George-Illawarra cover most of the region around them. Historically they've done fuck all aside from that one comp they won where they cheated the cap for four years straight and had a peptides scandal.

Eventually a team will have to move from Sydney and eventually the NRL will have to have a team in Perth.There are a tonne of Sharks around W.A so it would make sense from a marketing perspective.

Either the Titans, Sharks or Tigers make the most sense if a team ever did relocate.
GOLD this! didn't think of that marketing "tool" few might be sensitive that have had a family member eaten but fuck 'em fish gotta eat too.

Yeh i hadn't given them or anyone that much thought tbh what i do notice and honestly you don't live this feeling being far away(or you mellow idk which)is the hatred for other teams y'all have. it staggers me :tearsofjoy:

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just ain’t happening

1. We are financially strong
2. More games = more revenue . Cutting teams cuts revenue

There is definitely enough talent for 18 teams. Just been shit roster management and junior development from certain clubs lately

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Think it would be a st george 'illawarra' type merger
We may give the tigers a 'style' on socks and a tiger and bird somewhere (back collar of jersey)
We have 'the best hand' in a 'game of poker'
Panthers and parra would really be only teams that have no threat to merge
Souths and roosters have so much private backing that Rusty and Uncle Nick would pay to keep the club afloat
Sharks will run out real estate soon and will have some pressure

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are the biggest club in the nrlol, if they merge, it would be murder and a life sentence for the fans, and the NRL will never be the same again! When the bulldogs are on top, there's no team that plays the same way... it's like going to a party just to stare at the hottest chick!!! If that chick is not there, there's no point of going!!

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know what inspired this Thread, but for me it is just more proof that RL and the NRL have some serious problems.
I have been a passionate follower of our club since 1967, and I very much doubt my heart would allow me to support 1/2 a franchise.
I would would probably follow the A League just ahead of the AFL if it was t,o happen.
Also I would much rather our club and its facilities (Leagues Club etc) try to field a team in the A League than merge
Joining a different game would put the boot in the NRL'S corrupt Aministraters.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Think it would be a st george 'illawarra' type merger
We may give the tigers a 'style' on socks and a tiger and bird somewhere (back collar of jersey)
We have 'the best hand' in a 'game of poker'
Panthers and parra would really be only teams that have no threat to merge
Souths and roosters have so much private backing that Rusty and Uncle Nick would pay to keep the club afloat
Sharks will run out real estate soon and will have some pressure
No chance, Cronulla leagues club is doing great made $16m profit last year and they have $24m in cash in the bank.

Always a Bulldog

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
Mergers don’t work

south’s should go without there celebrity backing they are nothing. No leagues club no nothing…..

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Mergers don’t work
Agree, they lose their identity and there is always conflict between the 2 previous entities that don’t let go of their structures.

south’s should go without there celebrity backing they are nothing. No leagues club no nothing…..
They aren’t “backers”, the 2 x Billionaires and 1 x Multi Millionaire are the teams‘ owners. South’s Juniors is a pretty decent sized leagues club.

It‘s the Chooks that should go, they have no fans and no locality or identity, hahahahaha “Sydney Chooks” bullshit.

Always a Bulldog

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree, they lose their identity and there is always conflict between the 2 previous entities that don’t let go of their structures.

They aren’t “backers”, the 2 x Billionaires and 1 x Multi Millionaire are the teams‘ owners. South’s Juniors is a pretty decent sized leagues club.

It‘s the Chooks that should go, they have no fans and no locality or identity, hahahahaha “Sydney Chooks” bullshit.

Always a Bulldog
The only thing they have going for themselves is Politis, his obsession with maintaining the Rotters as the top club in the NRL IMHO will leed to the demise of Rugby League (Lets not forget that he wants his rotters to be the Real Madrid of the NRL).

green_eyez

Waterboy
Reaction score
I think its only fair that if we merge with the eels we show them the respect they deserve and place there logo on the canterbury bulldogs toilet block to signify the merger

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Cronulla BullSharks most likely lol
Just out of curiosity, lets say the NRL decides we need to cull some Sydney teams and we get swept up in it. If we did I would say the Wests Tigers is a likely choice for us to merge with (assuming Penrith would merge with Parramatta), but maybe we would merge with one of those as well.

What would you do? Would you stop supporting us? Change teams? Quit NRL entirely? I am curious.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I would g do o what south’s and rooster supporters do when their clubs ain’t going well and support the swans or worse the Waratahs