• Poll closed .

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Meh, I’d still follow them.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not interested in a merge with Tigers. First they separate then we merge /take over Wests, Balmain can go off with the Eels. We stay Bulldogs with blue and white and just a splash of black.

I'd do this as the only thing we lack is a huge base of juniors. Add that to our financial strength and current supporter base etc and we should be a super club who are close to favourites most seasons. Let's be real though it would be a takeover.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The tigers lost their identity a long time ago.
The tigers lost their identity a long time ago.
Yes true. Why they struggle now. No strong foundation.

IF we did take them over it would have to be a full complete take over of their junior areas, assets adjusted and use our name only with just a tad of black to enhance our blue and white.

Gus may organise for them to have one member on the Board :grinning:

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes true. Why they struggle now. No strong foundation.

IF we did take them over it would have to be a full complete take over of their junior areas, assets adjusted and use our name only with just a tad of black to enhance our blue and white.

Gus may organise for them to have one member on the Board :grinning:
Ye if anything like that were to happen I would not follow the team with the same passion,not for me.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Ye if anything like that were to happen I would not follow the team with the same passion,not for me.
Yeah no I wouldn't be thrilled about it myself but IF it looked advantageous for us then maybe if it was handled the right way

We swallowed them up.
Got their juniors.
Kept our name and colours with as much autonomy as possible, then I could go with it if we came out of it stronger.

My love for the club would be stronger than any merger and I'd still support them.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah no I wouldn't be thrilled about it myself but IF it looked advantageous for us then maybe if it was handled the right way

We swallowed them up.
Got their juniors.
Kept our name and colours with as much autonomy as possible, then I could go with it if we came out of it stronger.

My love for the club would be stronger than any merger and I'd still support them.
You’re choice,the berries bulldogs are the only team I have ever followed,I would have no interest following the game anymore.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Our club is too big for any merger. Wests Tigers should die

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only if the merged club only had their logo on the tag of the jersey that has the washing instructions (that annoys your skin and you cut off) . Everything else must remain Canterbury.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, lets say the NRL decides we need to cull some Sydney teams and we get swept up in it. If we did I would say the Wests Tigers is a likely choice for us to merge with (assuming Penrith would merge with Parramatta), but maybe we would merge with one of those as well.

What would you do? Would you stop supporting us? Change teams? Quit NRL entirely? I am curious.
It would never happen. The Doggies leagues club is one of the strongest in the NRL and too profitable. Only poorly run clubs need to merge. Most of the other clubs would be in deep shite before the Dogs and they would have to merge and not us.

FZ1-S

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Fcuk no! If its not the mighty Bulldogs I'm not interested....

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our club is too big for any merger. Wests Tigers should die
The tigers side of it died some time ago,the west’s side of it still very much alive financially and in junior numbers.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
the NRL are so fucked they would do something like that

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The sharts and Tigpies should merge. Maybe 2 shit clubs will make a less shit club....