Opinion What was the most pleasing thing about today's win?

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Effort.

Meaney was surprisingly good today. He seems to play with much more confidence when he's at fullback than he does when on the wing. Avo for mine would still be a better FB but Meaney looks much better at FB than he does on the wing

We need to structure our attack so we get Avo the ball 1-on-1. He never gets any quality ball which is frustrating. Also, I think it's a bit harsh people saying Avo bombed the try - he was trying to ground a bouncing ball in the wet. Most players would have "bombed" that one so I'm too fussed about that one.

Once again it was refreshing to hear Brandy complain about what we've been saying for years - the fucking settlers in the opposition 20 (yuk). 10 more games to go and then this last remnant of Desball will finally be over. Cant fucking wait.

Lewis' long kicking game is good...........but that's the only thing he's got and it's the only advantage he has over the other halves. Surely that's not enough to be a FG half. Once we get Burton, bye bye Lewis because Burton also has a good boot on him so Lewis becomes redundant. Again, cant fucking wait.

Lets back it up with a win over those slimy eels next week.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Knowing Klemmer will cop a flogging when he gets home for being a little bitch.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Kicks out on the full has nothing to do with attitude. We were pinned in our 20 due to chicken legs Chechin refusal to punish the knights for pushing, folding and crumbling the envelope and we did well to hold things together and not let them snatch the win. The boys were out on their feet.
You done throw the football around, or in your words "play football" when it is passing down rain, your camped in your own end and defending a lead. That would have been suicide.
There ya go

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The great work ethic, they had 80 to win it and the Knights came back but we shut it down.
Bloody awesome effort with the rain in their eyes.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
I’d
Averillo is something. I just hope Barrett rates him and finds a spot for him somewhere in the 17 because he has talent. Bombed the try but he still beat the defence and was there for the grounding. Is he a fullback? Five eight? Or centre?
I’d say he’s a modern day fullback. He reminds me so much of Barba

Farcanrefs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The last 20 minutes was a disgrace and shows what we are made of. Our spine is a disgrace but we have a bunch of blokes in the middle that keep showing up which got us over the line.
Fuck me some people are hard to please. The Knights had a huge breeze behind their backs in the 2nd half. We should have been 12 nil at half time. Solid victory against a team vying for a tip 4 spot.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There were lot's of positives today. Great defence. The ball moved from side to side way quicker and with more intent. Gutsy win against a quality team who had all the ball the second half..

Jackson looked better. Tolman was really good... RFM was strong.. Meaney had another good game even though I think he's only our short term fullback.. Katoa had a good stint.. Averillo had a quiet game in shocking conditions but just him playing is a positive.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The pleasing thing about the win is the unity that can be shown here. Harder to argue than after a loss.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Like a few have said, the best part is beating Klemmer and his pals at home, and keeping them out of the top 4.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
RFM was really good but got a bit predictable always running back to the middle. Needs to mix it up a bit and hit the edges.

I don’t see what anyone saw in Lewis’s kicking game, or his passing or organisation, but the kid can really tackle. His ability to stop bigger blokes in their tracks is excellent.

People are being a bit hard on Wakeham. Made some basic errors today but he’s still only young.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Hope Newcastle dwell on this loss for a while.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just the fact that there was an intent today. We played the perfect wet weather footy in the first half with minimal errors, in fact we made only six errors in the entire game. Our kicks although not pinpoint or perfect by any stretch of the imagination, travelled for nearly 1200 metres nearly double hat of the Knights and they may have gone pretty much always to the back three but we were able to minimise their impact with some good defence. Of 45 sets we only missed completing four. We scored more than our average and conceded less than our average.

The boys looked happier too and it was just so good to see them get the win especially with the fact that Dogs fans were unable to be at the game if they came from Sydney due to COVID. Good on Steve Georgallis too because it was his first win as a coach in the NRL over 3200 days and I love the way he spoke after the game and his positive but realistic attitude. We may not win our next game but it was great beating the rednecks at Newcastle.

Oh and sending Chloe home a loser especially after he was shooting off that big mouth of his during the game....