What TV you got?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Tell us something we don't know.
Listen, I told you NOT to bring that up here. I thought that was our little secrette broette!

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The smarter option is hang of as long as possible your standed 4k tv will be more than enough for decent quality. Now they are pushing hdr as the next big thing.but is it worth uprgrading straight away ?
Not really a standard 4k oled smacks any 4k hdr tv on the market by a mile but very $$$ . Sharp or someone has just released an 8k tv in china to get the jump on japan when that Japanese tv station wants broadcasting in 8k by 2020. So by next year there should be a flood of 8k tvs on the market.. so they will be trying to flog them off even though there is no content.
So the super 4k hdr tv you paid 5k for last year will be less than half price by the end of next year which mean more $$ to spend on speaker setups

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Been posting, but not as much.

I was thinking of doing a @Serpent & just disappearing until next season, but I am addicted to this site.
You are part of the furniture now lol

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I have a Hisense 55 inch Smart TV.

It's so smart, it takes about 1 min to turn on.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Which room?

I have a 50 inch LG Plasma, a 55 inch Dick Smith Branded, and a 70 inch TCL

Had the LG for about 6 years now. Got the 55 inch Dick Smith TV 'cause it was $200 when they were closing down. Bought the 70 inch 'cause I wanted to give one of my old TVs to the father in law and we needed a larger TV for the loungeroom. Plus the LG and the Dick Smith don't have 4k.

At the time I was going to buy a 60 inch Sony but the TCL was about $1k cheaper and of equal quality for picture quality (seriously good quality on such a cheap TV, then again it uses a Sony Panel). Honestly it's a big TV but we re-arranged the lounge room and we have a pretty big lounge room so now it just looks small.

There's only two things I don't like about the TCL. It doesn't have HDR (at the time it was an extra $1,500 for a 60 inch with HDR) and it's smart TV functions are pretty crap compared to the rest. But I have 2 x Apple TV (1 Australia, 1 US), 2 x PS4s, 1 x Xbone, 1 x PS3, 2 x Chromecasts, and a bunch of other crap. So I never use the Smart TV stuff anyway.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Which room?

I have a 50 inch LG Plasma, a 55 inch Dick Smith Branded, and a 70 inch TCL

Had the LG for about 6 years now. Got the 55 inch Dick Smith TV 'cause it was $200 when they were closing down. Bought the 70 inch 'cause I wanted to give one of my old TVs to the father in law and we needed a larger TV for the loungeroom. Plus the LG and the Dick Smith don't have 4k.

At the time I was going to buy a 60 inch Sony but the TCL was about $1k cheaper and of equal quality for picture quality (seriously good quality on such a cheap TV, then again it uses a Sony Panel). Honestly it's a big TV but we re-arranged the lounge room and we have a pretty big lounge room so now it just looks small.

There's only two things I don't like about the TCL. It doesn't have HDR (at the time it was an extra $1,500 for a 60 inch with HDR) and it's smart TV functions are pretty crap compared to the rest. But I have 2 x Apple TV (1 Australia, 1 US), 2 x PS4s, 1 x Xbone, 1 x PS3, 2 x Chromecasts, and a bunch of other crap. So I never use the Smart TV stuff anyway.
I bought the same DSE 55" lol

Got it 2 days before they closed up for 136 bucks lol

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
**** has no kids so he has expandable income lol

It was triple the price of my car lol
My partner just bought a thermomix for $2100. Its basically a fancy blender with a heating element and weigh scales.

I told her it was more expensive than my 1st car.

She said unlike your 1st car it wont end up down the paddock burnt out with vice grips clamping the brake line

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The old TV I gave to the father in law was a 46 inch Soniq TV we bought about 4 years back. It has 3D but other than that it's rubbish. Average picture quality, rubbish contrast, when there's black on screen it's all blotchy. I'm a bit of an audiophile and graphics enthusiast thanks to decades of gaming (my 28 inch 4k Samsung monitor is amazing), so having to watch that was just torture. The Mrs kept telling me that there was nothing wrong with the picture so I told her to get glasses.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
My partner just bought a thermomix for $2100. Its basically a fancy blender with a heating element and weigh scales.

I told her it was more expensive than my 1st car.

She said unlike your 1st car it wont end up down the paddock burnt out with vice grips clamping the brake line
Not with that attitude it won't

Status
Not open for further replies.