News 'What the hell was going on there?': Flanagan hits out at sudden Roosters axing

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Do players really have to act surprised when a club like the Rorters shaft them mid contract? I mean cmon that whore of a club has been doing it for years ffs. Every year they are greedy mutts who sign not only the creme of the crop of NRL first grade talent but they also scoure other clubs junior crops and poach the best up and coming players that the respective clubs pour hundreds and thousands of dollars into developing their local juniors and just when these young players are on the cusp of realising their potential there the Roosters are with their brown paper bags ready to swoop, and they take all the credit for these prodigious talents to boot! It’s about time someone blows the whistle on their rorting once and for all!

JHeatho9

Waterboy
Reaction score
I think Crichton is a bit more consistent than Staggs. If Trent could teach Averillo to tackle and convince Cotric to play wing this backline would be possibly better than the Bunnies or Roosters.

1 Corey Allan
2 JAC
3 Stephen Crichton
4 Jake Averillo
5 Nick Cotric
I met Arthur Laundy on the weekend, absolute top bloke, spoke to him for a good half hour , he even bought me a beer.. said we arent interested in Crichton we are going hard for Staggs and B.Smith for 22, he has a meeting with Brian Fletcher next week to try and get Burton here this year.. willing to chuck in a little over 100k to get it done (don't know what that means whether it's cap money or what)

Attachments

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I met Arthur Laundy on the weekend, absolute top bloke, spoke to him for a good half hour , he even bought me a beer.. said we arent interested in Crichton we are going hard for Staggs and B.Smith for 22, he has a meeting with Brian Fletcher next week to try and get Burton here this year.. willing to chuck in a little over 100k to get it done (don't know what that means whether it's cap money or what)
Broooooooooo

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great news !! Thanks for sharing bud

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can’t wait to see him play for the dogs and think he’s gonna be a quality buy but wish he’d stop whinging and move on he’s still a young bloke and hasnt really earned the right to not be ousted whether it was the right or wrong move from the chooks time to sum up for the dogs

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Some here are too fixated on 22’
Fk sakes we haven’t even kicked off 21!!

Avo should be the 6 this season (run and gun type of 6)

Burton is walking into the 6 jersey next year barring Avo winning Dally M.

Whilst, we would love to jag Burton and JAC for this season, the reality is it’s not official and at the moment looking unlikely by the day.

Therefore based on what we have available, my team for R1 would be the following

1. Allan
2. Meaney
3. Cotric
4. Hoppa
5. DWZ

6. Averillo
7. Flanagan

8. Hethrington
9. JMK
10. Renouf
11. RFM
12. Elliott
13. Jackson

14. Wakeham
15. Waddell
16. Napa
17. C Smith

Thompson/ Okonbor come on once back from suspension and injury respectively
Agree with all except ogden for c smith

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Laundry Hotels could do $100k TPA with any player of Penrith’s choice, they aren’t a Penrith sponsor/advertiser so not breaking any NRL rules.

Go Dogs

ChimpNugget

Waterboy
Reaction score
This is what we’re here for. Might be unpopular but glad we aren’t splurging on Crichton. I would much rather Staggs over him at this point in time; and B. Smith. That’s an embarrassment of riches.

Thanks for sharing mate.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Well done mate, thats the proper good oil we all can believe! Hats off to you.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is what we’re here for. Might be unpopular but glad we aren’t splurging on Crichton. I would much rather Staggs over him at this point in time; and B. Smith. That’s an embarrassment of riches.

Thanks for sharing mate.
Awesome oil and proof lol

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Burton will be a great foil for Flanagan. A big body will take the pressure off him and I see burton as our dominant half going forward. Blake green would have been good for 21. I’m against averillo playing 6 he’s not ready that position. Actually think Lewis might be our best option

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Burton will be a great foil for Flanagan. A big body will take the pressure off him and I see burton as our dominant half going forward. Blake green would have been good for 21. I’m against averillo playing 6 he’s not ready that position. Actually think Lewis might be our best option
Lol

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
Cheers for sharing mate and nice shirt

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Some one posted in one of the threads saying A couple of players from a qld club asked about the bulldogs, and a lad on Facebook said he has a mate in the broncos group who said Staggs was one of them. Carrigan the other.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s fine with me putting Flange and Avo as our halves combination, I just don’t want them to fall into the same trap as Luke Brooks and Mitchell Moses did at the Tigers, two young halves not knowing which one was the dominant play maker! The Tigers had to eventually seperate them and move Moses on so that Brooks could be confident in his game management without that little sook Moses dominating all the time. IMO I think the Tigers moved on the wrong half because Brooks still does not have a clue, whereas Moses seems to have matured and kicked on at Parra. Still a sook though :tearsofjoy:

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can cop that he has wanted to vent his frustration towards his old club several times but enough is enough
Its time to zip it and get into the right frame of mind which is doing his best for our club and playing to a higher level.
TB needs to remind young Flanno of the massive task at hand which is not too far away really
Getting punted or the rough end of the stick is just part of life sometimes.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I hope this works out and I really hope Tbaz can keep him grounded. Everything I hear says that he got a bit of a big head when he was doing really well after his debut, he got benched to try and reign his big head back in and then his dad called Robbo asking for a please explain. That put Robbo off him entirely as he knew the ego was being fed by his dad.

I think he would have been benched longer if the Roosters didn't have so many injuries.

So if things work out differently with us and he doesn't annoy the coach and playing group, this signing could be one of our best in a long time. He has tonnes of potential.