News 'What the hell was going on there?': Flanagan hits out at sudden Roosters axing

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I do like it, but personally I’d prefer
Allan
JAC
Staggs
Cotric
Okunbor

14. Averillo

I honestly think with correct coaching Okunbor will become that devastating winger with power we need ala the big Fijian types we see. Imagine the pace of JAC one side and Okunbor’s size and power on the other?

I’d love Averillo to work on dummy half play, he’d be lethal around the ruck and also cover 1, 2,5,6.

I think he’s too small to be alone defendi In the centres.
We will end up losing Averillo or Schoupp to a rival if we sign another centre... Just no other way around it... Fuck Staggs and Crichton imo

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never really watched him play and can't find any highlights on YouTube..... How does he go in attack?
No doubt he needs to take on the line a bit more but he does have a good passing game and defends ok. He’s only young. Roosters showed no patience.

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We will end up losing Averillo or Schoupp to a rival if we sign another centre... Just no other way around it... Fuck Staggs and Crichton imo
Agree already got too much money tied up in the backline blood some young blokes along with the big names

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
100%, persist with Schoupp, Avo or even Alamoti. No doubt centres and second row is where we have great depth in terms of development.

Put that cash to a hooker and offloading front rower.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
From SMH:

Here is a snippet of the Andrew Webster article -

Flanagan and the disappearing emoji
RELATED ARTICLE
Kyle Flanagan and Roosters coach Trent Robinson chat at training early in the 2020 season before things turned sour.
NRL 2021
'What the hell was going on there?': Flanagan hits out at sudden Roosters axing
They were laughing into their decaf espressos at the Roosters this week after former halfback Kyle Flanagan took his former coach Trent Robinson to task for his axing from the club.

"I look back now going, 'What the hell was going on there?'” Flanagan, now with the Bulldogs, told colleague Christian Nicolussi. “I signed with the Roosters to grow and develop into the role over the next few years. Then to be told a year later that plan isn't there anymore, that was the hardest pill to swallow."
The Roosters lost faith in Flanagan for a couple of reasons, not least because of the apparent influence of his father, former Sharks coach Shane.
The second was how Flanagan responded after Robinson rested him early in the season. Instead of concentrating on his game, the coaching staff and players were concerned with his downcast attitude.
Interestingly, when Nicolussi’s story was picked up by Fox Sports, Roosters back-rower Victor Radley posted a facepalm emoji underneath it. In an apparent endorsement, fullback James Tedesco liked the emoji.
Then the emoji was deleted.

I know: what a time to be alive.

Mmmmmmmmm.............. interesting.... why would two former team mates get involved and comment via emoji's? that is a worrying part from that article for me.. i hope Kyle is a team person first.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a personality clash and I’m surprised it doesn’t happen more with Robinson. I’d love to see him under a bit of pressure without a star studded side and see how the players buy into his methods. I think there would be more clashes and I don’t think it would be smooth sailing when everything isn’t going his way.

In saying that Kyle invites this type of shit happening by going public with it.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
And once again the Chooks media spin merchants leap into action. The myths have to be maintain that Robinson is the world's best coach, that Politis is omnipresent, the Chooks are infallible, they always get the best out of every player and they never ever lose a player that they want to keep. It's also a lesson in why explayers should never ever dare to criticise the Chooks, they will crucify you in the media, relentlessly.

Go Dogs

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
And once again the Chooks media spin merchants leap into action. The myths have to be maintain that Robinson is the world's best coach, that Politis is omnipresent, the Chooks are infallible, they always get the best out of every player and they never ever lose a player that they want to keep. It's also a lesson in why explayers should never ever dare to criticise the Chooks, they will crucify you in the media, relentlessly.

Go Dogs
If Kyle doesn’t say anything it never happens though. I’m not sure he achieves much at all coming out and saying what he did all it does is invite the media to sniff around the story even more. Hopefully he just plays a flat bat next time and let’s his footy do the talking.

bulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If Kyle doesn’t say anything it never happens though. I’m not sure he achieves much at all coming out and saying what he did all it does is invite the media to sniff around the story even more. Hopefully he just plays a flat bat next time and let’s his footy do the talking.
Yup, maybe it's the journos feeding this but I'd really like to hear the kid say "time to look to the future" and just not comment on it anymore, show them what they missed out on and let that be your "fuck you" to them.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flanagan will learn to respond to media questions without ever really saying anything... will come with experience

but this is what the media does... 15-20 years ago I used to buy 'League Week' and 'Big League' religiously... and every year you had a month's worth of stories that always went to script --> first week was the anonymous players poll, the second week was the obligatory responses to the poll from commentators and players including defences from teammates for the player polled as the most overrated, the third week was questions as to the value of said poll and criticisms of players anonymously ripping other players, and the fourth week would be the fans' poll including who is the most overrated in the game

all orchestrated by the media... they set up the poll, then interview the players affected, then question the integrity of the players that took part in the poll, and then do it all again with the fans poll

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All I want kyle to talk about is the elephant in the room.....under the table brown paper bags, hush money wrapped in dirty training towels, glove compartments of vehicles hiding envelopes of cash. You know the basic truth that we all know and expect from the sombrero Roosters. :grinning:

Two things are left unsaid....firstly WWE stands for Walk With Elias and the NRL might as well call it self National Roosters League as these mother fuckers can lie, cheat and steal their way to Premierships and no one ever bats an eye or dare questions their salary cap, sorry salary sombrero.

Last edited:

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: time to shut up and prove a point!! We are behind him!! Good things are coming this year! Go dogs!