Opinion What the Bulldogs really need immediately!

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
this situation started because of gus

in 2007 he used his big mouth to talk about how our style wasn't working anymore, then we took apart the team that offseason, voted out the board, new board brought in Greenberg, brought in the good nice team, brought in the hasler, brought in the calves blood treatments, club lost its soul

don't be fooled into thinking gould is the only guy on the planet who knows about rugby league because he talks about it on tv, he tried for years to win one for the roosters while Anderson came in and won it almost immediately for Melbourne

why are people acting like this is 1992
Because we are in dire need of some outside critical thought regarding our club because not much of it presently being applied! A part time Directors role would suit him because I know Gus would be hurting seeing us in the predicament we are currently in, he came up through the Bullfrog regime and has great admiration for Bullfrog and the Bulldogs. He won his first ever premiership here and that means something to old school guys like Gus, I sincerely believe he would do everything in his power to make us great and a proud club again beacuse at the moment we are a shadow of our former self!

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

in 2007 he used his big mouth to talk about how our style wasn't working anymore, then we took apart the team that offseason, voted out the board, new board brought in Greenberg, brought in the good nice team, brought in the hasler, brought in the calves blood treatments, club lost its soul

don't be fooled into thinking gould is the only guy on the planet who knows about rugby league because he talks about it on tv, he tried for years to win one for the roosters while Anderson came in and won it almost immediately for Melbourne

Our style was old and out dated at that time. We were a very slow and boring team. We needed a shake up. We needed speed. Didn’t have to completely re-write ourselves and if the club did that with one opinion on a television screen without any professional consultation well fuck.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeh. I seem to remember him saying that he wasn’t interested in taking on another director of coaching or club management roles.
Sounds very vague. And even if he did was probably just shutting down speculation. Would love a fact checker on every post on the kennel.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No Link but I vaguely remember him mentioning something on talking sport, and on the Sunday roast about any having no interest in returning to Canterbury when questioned
Maybe he did but there’s an age old saying ‘money talks and bull shit walks’
Plus the NRL is nothing but shutting down rumours that eventuate. Just look at the recent Wayne Bennett and Latrell Mitchell situation.
Like the Circle Jerks said ‘Deny Everything’

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Our style was old and out dated at that time. We were a very slow and boring team. We needed a shake up. We needed speed. Didn’t have to completely re-write ourselves and if the club did that with one opinion on a television screen without any professional consultation well fuck.
the style was not old, they just said it was because they wanted to create a story for the viewers

the club was on course to recover, they acted quickly and got rid of the fading stars, front loaded contracts and were set for a big future under proven premiership winning coach and player development master folkes

but unfortunately the people voted in another board because they complained about losing too many star players, then they changed it all and differentiated themselves from the club then they had a chance to rebuild but chose to hang on and save face for as long as possible, leaving us in this situation, they fucked us in the ass basically

people used to say how many titles would we have won under hasler if he was coach in 2003-2008, the real question is how many titles would folkes win if he had the 2009-2016 era

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why did Gould leave the dogs in the first place? I was too young for that era

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris Anderson married Peter Moores daughter had begun coaching in the English league. Bullfrog wanted the ultimate ‘family’ connection and wanted to bring Anderson back. Gus had ‘clashed’ with some bulldogs players and others and kinda knew that at one stage Bullfrog would make Anderson first grade coach so he left.
I think Gus is past it. Like let’s be honest would it be that hard to coach/manage the roosters since ‘Uncle’ Nick pouring money channel 9 loving them to death etc etc. Gus never won a title and afterwards ‘speared’ Graham Murray and Ricky after they had some success?
He did nothing after his time at the roosters other then being the channel 9 ‘league brain’ Panthers put faith in him for years for what? The ‘5’ year plan went a few years over with no title? Did the dragons ‘review’ nothing from it? I also feel he speared Laurie Daley as nsw coach to get his ‘mate’ Freddie the job.
Thanks for the 88 premiership Gus but your services not needed

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He seems to be good at bashing garbage bins :grinning:
I’ll take any positive thing like that at the moment, it’s better than watching our players cry whilst unwrapping their elastoplast :sleepy::tired::sweat:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I’ll take any positive thing like that at the moment, it’s better than watching our players cry whilst unwrapping their elastoplast :sleepy::tired::sweat:
I was just reading that article where Hilly says
"The rest of the Bulldogs squad and club staff have also been tested - "an experience to see grown men tears in their eyes," said Hill - with results due back before lunchtime Monday."

I really do hope guys like Cement, Shrek etc dont see that article :grinning:

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score

The Roosters were the transit lounge when he took over. He got the club back on track. I'm not saying I would like him to coach us. He has been out of that side of the game for too long now. Things have changed.

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’ve always thought highly of Gus but the work he just did at the dragons wasn’t too successful
He clearly said they have no money to implement what he advised the club needed

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He clearly said they have no money to implement what he advised the club needed
No money..?

Andrew Gordon is the only heir to Bruce Gordon (multi Billionaire) and is the Chairman of WIN television and the Dragons.

Anything Gus suggested they could easily afford.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because we are in dire need of some outside critical thought regarding our club because not much of it presently being applied! A part time Directors role would suit him because I know Gus would be hurting seeing us in the predicament we are currently in, he came up through the Bullfrog regime and has great admiration for Bullfrog and the Bulldogs. He won his first ever premiership here and that means something to old school guys like Gus, I sincerely believe he would do everything in his power to make us great and a proud club again beacuse at the moment we are a shadow of our former self!
Boy O boy some have short memories, following the SL war and for many years after, Gould made many comments designed to do as much harm to our club as he could, and to promote the rotters, probably because the rotters and Politis had a lot of money (which might be useful if you get into trouble gambling).
Yes, lately his hate for us appears to have mellowed, but I believe its because we are now a basket case, he will never never ever be loyal to us ahead of the Rotters Politis and Ch9.
To turn things around for our club what we need to do is to put a bomb under the NRL and CH9. and start all over again.

Last edited:

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

1. Employ Phil Gould as Football director - No one has a better footy brain than this guy and he can implement a future plan for the club
Can't happen, Gus got his player manager accreditation earlier this year, no way a player manager can be coach, coaching director etc

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It probably had something to do with Bullfrog wanting Anderson to coach, but it may also have had something to do with no more money from the club to pay off gambling debts.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Although I am losing confidence in the current admin/ coach etc - the beginning of next year will be the determination time. The club has got to understand it is 2020 not 1980 - reunions, family club, dna, nepotism etc wont improve on field results. The world is a different place - remember the history dont try to relive it.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
No money..?

Andrew Gordon is the only heir to Bruce Gordon (multi Billionaire) and is the Chairman of WIN television and the Dragons.

Anything Gus suggested they could easily afford.
What they can afford and what they are prepared to pay are two different things though Baz. Reminds me of the old line ‘you don’t get rich by giving it away’.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What they can afford and what they are prepared to pay are two different things though Baz. Reminds me of the old line ‘you don’t get rich by giving it away’.
Nah mate, not in their case. Companies based in Bermuda since the early eighty's for good reason... What ever Gould suggested even if it cost a couple of Mil could come out play lunch money from these guys.