Opinion What the Bulldogs really need immediately!

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
One of our biggest problems at the moment is our culture and I believe that instead of starting with a new coach and players to inject into the club ( which we do sorely need both ) I think we should start from the top and appointing two very shrewd operators is a good start to not only change our culture, but implement new successful structures and strategies put us in good stead for success! Two of the great football brains come to mind.

1. Employ Phil Gould as Football director - No one has a better footy brain than this guy and he can implement a future plan for the club

2. Peter Parr as Football manager - This guy knows better than anyone how to instill a great culture in a football club and I think the Dogs should throw everything at him to prize him away from the Cowboys, he is from NSW so he would certainly entertain the idea if the offer is good enough.

Between these two they can sit down and identify our weaknesses and failures and formulate a successful future plan going forward. I would trust them to find the perfect coach for us to start with, then bring the right kind of players to the club addressing our most obvious holes in our playing roster, and these guys certainly have a long history and know how to attract top tier and grass roots talent.

Just my opinion but thats where I would start for sure!

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
One of our biggest problems at the moment is our culture and I believe that instead of starting with a new coach and players to inject into the club ( which we do sorely need both ) I think we should start from the top and appointing two very shrewd operators is a good start to not only change our culture, but implement new successful structures and strategies put us in good stead for success! Two of the great football brains come to mind.

1. Employ Phil Gould as Football director - No one has a better footy brain than this guy and he can implement a future plan for the club

2. Peter Parr as Football manager - This guy knows better than anyone how to instill a great culture in a football club and I think the Dogs should throw everything at him to prize him away from the Cowboys, he is from NSW so he would certainly entertain the idea if the offer is good enough.

Between these two they can sit down and identify our weaknesses and failures and formulate a successful future plan going forward. I would trust them to find the perfect coach for us to start with, then bring the right kind of players to the club addressing our most obvious holes in our playing roster, and these guys certainly have a long history and know how to attract top tier and grass roots talent.

I meant to ad we can forget about Shaun Wane as head coach, we don’t need an unproven in NRL Pommy coaching us.

Reactions: ATT

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Not a fan of peter parr but Gus is a no brainer for mine

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Made the thread quite a while regarding Gus and he (and I) got slagged by many experts on here. When he talks people listen.
I can’t fathom why the club is sitting on their hands in finding any outside help that we obviously need. Like many others I’m sick of these questions, it’s like banging your head against a wall.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Made the thread quite a while regarding Gus and he (and I) got slagged by many experts on here. When he talks people listen.
I can’t fathom why the club is sitting on their hands in finding any outside help that we obviously need. Like many others I’m sick of these questions, it’s like banging your head against a wall.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't moon face Gould come out and say he has no interest in coming back to Canterbury in any capicity?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

I’ve always thought highly of Gus but the work he just did at the dragons wasn’t too successful

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't moon face Gould come out and say he has no interest in coming back to Canterbury in any capicity?
I’m sure he can be swayed if we appeal to his ego, I should have mentioned to get Gould here on a part time basis not fulltime, not many can stand him in a fulltime capacity just ask the Penrith Panthers and Cleary lol

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Only if they took notice of his advice?? Did they?
Knowing them probably not mate but it would be a massive waste of time, money and resources if they totally ignored him. I’d love to know exactly what he said

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Couldn’t agree more, the whole place needs a new culture and direction! Not just by those who bleed blue & white I might add!

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gould and Chris Anderson don’t like each other . He will never , ever have anything to do with the club while Lyn is chair

Also he didn’t do much at Penrith

I agree that change is needed . Gould not the answer though

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Knowing them probably not mate but it would be a massive waste of time, money and resources if they totally ignored him. I’d love to know exactly what he said
As a paid consultant Goulds role would be to oversee the Football club as a whole and the offer his opinion.

The Gordons who are involved purely from a love of the club and not from a business perspective (WYNN television, and company's based in Bermuda) have more than enough money.

Decisions based on emotion are hardly ever the right ones..

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When? Where? I haven’t heard those exact words. Do you have a recent link? Would be interested in checking it out.

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Money talks - he'd come back at the right price and he loves a challenge. Problem is too many hard heads wouldn't consider him their own approach is seen to be the way to the future.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
this situation started because of gus

in 2007 he used his big mouth to talk about how our style wasn't working anymore, then we took apart the team that offseason, voted out the board, new board brought in Greenberg, brought in the good nice team, brought in the hasler, brought in the calves blood treatments, club lost its soul

don't be fooled into thinking gould is the only guy on the planet who knows about rugby league because he talks about it on tv, he tried for years to win one for the roosters while Anderson came in and won it almost immediately for Melbourne

why are people acting like this is 1992

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeh. I seem to remember him saying that he wasn’t interested in taking on another director of coaching or club management roles.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Couldn’t agree more, the whole place needs a new culture and direction! Not just by those who bleed blue & white I might add!
We are in a desperate situation.

We need his player contacts and media presence to get some respectability back.

Be a good thing if it happened.

Get Mullholland back if he has recovered and feels up to the challenge as well.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
When? Where? I haven’t heard those exact words. Do you have a recent link? Would be interested in checking it out.
No Link but I vaguely remember him mentioning something on talking sport, and on the Sunday roast about any having no interest in returning to Canterbury when questioned