What kind of style will the team play under Ciraldo?

Ewan McGrady

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To play with any style will make a positive change to recent years. I’m not fussy.

Reactions: mez

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Great question. Hoping Potter still has a lot of input.
Ciraldo has to be defence focussed as that's his strength and that's what his best mate Fitzgibbon did with the Sharks initially.
Also agree the Panthers are often boring in attack with everything coming off Yeo or a shift left. I'd love a gambit of trick plays, chips, good grubbers for repeat sets, forwards offloading, varying the line running angles, and players in motion being potential ball receivers.
It's Ciraldo team now, so our style is a reflection of his personality. An interesting time ahead.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
In attack I think over the last 4 or 5 years a lack of skill, confidence and fear of mistakes has meant a lot of one out running so i believe there will be less one out hit ups from middle forwards, more running from dummy half and greater urgency to get the ball to the edge runners.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
the opposed training session on Saturday their attack looked expansive with CC defensive structures
This. I can see the attack flowing like it did under Potter with that freedom but the defence tightening up - defence is broadly an attitude adjustment and attitude is adjusted through building good culture so we appear to be on track - it may take a few rounds to get the players familiar with each other and develop trust so we may need to be somewhat patient.

JAZZY92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
A hybrid of Penriths defence and Potters attack.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we will be very structured and drilled defensive team but in attack we will be playing more eyes up footy, with not too much structure in defence.

I see that a lot of dependencies on Reed being able to read the defence, and work out quickly on what side of the field the opportunities exist and quickly get the ball to the half on that side of the field. We missed out on quite a few opportunities last year because JMK went the wrong way.

We will have some plays, but I think we will see them later in the year.

I am also hoping that with Kiks on the left, Burton will be given more space and with early ball to use his running game more effectively.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just incase the female in your life is wondering.. ;)
Well our last conversation devolved into something about self-pleasure and extreme flexibility .... thought i should cover my bases a little this time.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They need to bring back the grubber kick. For the last 12 years it’s just been bomb after bomb.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
With input from Mason, O'Meley, Ryan, Sherwin, Asotasi, Potter, Halligan, etc, I would think they have some sort of game plan organised.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
With input from Mason, O'Meley, Ryan, Sherwin, Asotasi, Potter, Halligan, etc, I would think they have some sort of game plan organised.
Dont expect those blokes to have anbything to do with game plan rather just there for moral and to set up cones. They are there to ensure there is always somebody kicking an arse when it wonders.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dont expect those blokes to have anbything to do with game plan rather just there for moral and to set up cones. They are there to ensure there is always somebody kicking an arse when it wonders.
Maybe not game plan. Thats the coaches area. But they would be enforcing the coaches requirements, mainly on defence.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Maybe not game plan. Thats the coaches area. But they would be enforcing the coaches requirements, mainly on defence.
Everything.. every bloody drill they are there for advise like drill Sargent's