What is your job/occupation?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Yes, it's such a lucrative job. I grow beards for those beta cucks who can't grow beards like real men.
I wish I can grow a beard... but I can't. Darn Government jobs. If I walk in with a beard, people will cry out TERRORIST and call security.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wish I can grow a beard... but I can't. Darn Government jobs. If I walk in with a beard, people will cry out TERRORIST and call security.
I'm white as and still get called a terrorist because of my beard, a long with bomb chucker and bomb thrower. And this is from people who know me too. It intensifies even more when you add wearing a Bulldogs jersey into the mix.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I'm white as and still get called a terrorist because of my beard, a long with bomb chucker and bomb thrower. And this is from people who know me too. It intensifies even more when you add wearing a Bulldogs jersey into the mix.
LMAO. I love you brother!

I remember a time I wore my Bulldogs jersey ad Adidas pants whilst waiting for a train at Bankstown station.

You don't get anymore Lebo than that!

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL.
I'm a white guy originally from the shire who goes for the dogs and used to drive a WRX.
I feel your pain. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'm a cardiologist with 7 years experience unfortunately.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Being someone who had an ICT background, I was a Systems Administrator - for many years too. I spent over 8 years at the same company. Now i'll admit that about halfway through my tenure there, I went a little stale and lazy and couldn't be motivated to apply for better jobs. I blame myself for that. The reason for that is that I knew the restructure was coming and was hoping to apply for a better job there so I could stay with the same company.

Then lost my job due to aforementioned restructure. The funny thing is that restructure should've happened at about the 3-4 year mark I was there... when I was waiting for it... not the 8th year. Then I hit a rough patch after that. I couldn't find permanent work for 2 years. I just kept swinging from contract to contract, one bad job after another, going weeks, sometimes even months without work. I was able to land job interviews, but couldn't really get myself over the line. Thankfully at the time I didn't have a mortgage.

Now, I'm an office manager - pretty much a career goal that has been achieved. However I know that things don't last forever and all good things must come to an end, but where I am now is the break I really needed - at least for my CV. It's imminent that another restructure will happen around here... that's all that seems to happen in Government.

I don't think I'll ever return working in the ICT sector - at least not in the technical aspect. I've had enough of that. It changes too frequently too quickly. Not enough "settlement" time.
I am head of maintenance at a Steiner school in kuranda. The school is located on 30 acres of rainforest, which makes it a beautiful setting.
Basically my job entails fixing all of the shit the kids break. Lol Its great actually. I build things, fix things, do a bit of gardening, painting, some cleaning, and everything in between. So every day is something different.
Another great thing about my job is that I have 7 weeks paid holiday per year, with 3 of those weeks being over Christmas and new year. I can also bank my overtime to take extra weeks off, so I probably have about 9 weeks holiday over the course of a year.
I also have the chance for training to get tickets like working at heights, test and tag, chainsaw maintenance and small tree felling.
I also have access to basically any woodworking tools I need, and since I have the keys for the entire school I can work on my own projects in my spare time, like the live edge timber bar table I'm making.
All jobs have their frustrations, but I'm lucky to have the fantastic job that I do.