What is your ideal dream house?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
What is your ideal dream house?

With all the talk about interest rates and rentals on going on way (up) what would your ideal dream home look like if money weren’t an object? And I mean anything – location, structure, size.

Some of you might dream of owning a mega-mansion right around Sydney Harbor. Others might prefer a luxury apartment in New York. Some of you may even be living your dream right now and happy where you are, but if you had it your way, what would your dream home be?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
For me, the last thing I want is a mega mansion. I’ll be happy with a fully-equipped split-level home, but for me, space is key. So the house itself will be full-brick, split level. 5 bedrooms will be enough with each room having a large en-suite and walk-in-robe for that storage. All these rooms will be upstairs. Downstairs will have an office, open-planned kitchen and living area, bathroom, laundry etc…

The land itself is where I want space. To keep away from neighbours, I’d have a very large plot of land, perhaps an acre. Ideally, an entire block with the house being square in the middle. This will keep us away from noisy neighbours and/or noisy/busy street traffic. In addition to this, the perimeter will be surrounded by gates however the gates will be covered by tall hedges. There will be a mixture of grass, gardens and concrete making up the outdoor area, and there will be a large undercover entertaining area.

The driveway will be a horse-shoe type driveway so you drive in one way and keep driving to go out the same way (no reversing out required). There will be a pond around the top of the driveway for cars to drive around, and it will be wide enough for 2 cars to park side-by side the entire way so no cars get blocked in. There will also be a separate lane branching off the driveway which leads to the backyard. This will eventually lead to a downwards ramp which will be for a secure underground car-park - think of a supermarket underground car-park (not a garage). This underground area will not receive any sunlight to protect the cars from the weather and elements.

The other elements of the underground area will include a bar (man cave) complete with large tv connected to a plethora of gaming consoles, a pool table, table tennis table, music source (such as an mp3 jukebox), couches, pinball machine, arcade cabinet(s), and everything else a man cave has. There will also be a theater room, and display storage area.

As for location, I prefer the cooler-weather, but I don't want to venture too far away from the well serviced, well-resourced area of Sydney, so the ideal location is probably between Mittagong, Bowral, Wollongong, or Berry.

Peaceful. Tranquil. Serene.

Last edited:

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I like the community I’m in the Inner west so I would just get a nice older style house with a yard around Dulwich Hill Or Marrickville. I don’t care about beaches ect

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hunters Hill backing onto the water with my own boat ramp. It would keep me and the Mrs happy. I would just sit in the backyard with a few beers and a fishing rod while the Mrs can do whatever the fuck she wants inside as long as she leaves me alone.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'd be happy with an apartment on the beach in Cauncun.

Still cheaper than most Sydney house prices.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Hunters Hill backing onto the water with my own boat ramp. It would keep me and the Mrs happy. I would just sit in the backyard with a few beers and a fishing rod while the Mrs can do whatever the fuck she wants inside as long as she leaves me alone.
You have just inspired me to hang out with rich married men on the other side of the bridge! Lol

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Hahahah I tried that and it didn't work
I’ve never tried it.
It might work better for me?

I’m a tall white guy with blue eyes.
I look a bit like a Viking.
I had a drunk stray following me around the streets last night.
She gave me her phone number.
Just gotta wait until 2pm at least to contact.

22 year olds usually don’t wake up until after lunch on Friday or Saturday

Last edited:

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A nice little fibro rental in Mt druitt would do me, the whole house would be good but I'd settle for a room or a space on the couch.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
A nice little fibro rental in Mt druitt would do me, the whole house would be good but I'd settle for a room or a space on the couch.
That sounds a bit exotic fancy pants

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All honesty I'd love 100 acres on a hiltop at Ballina overlooking the ocean.