What is your greatest sporting day/experience?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
And it could be anything. It could be a State of Origin experience, a World Cup Final, Champions League final, Tennis Grand Slam, Olympics, anything really, just your best possible experience.

Mine was back in 2012. I was in Barcelona on a holiday and decided to visit the cauldron - Camp Nou, home of my La Liga team, FC Barcelona.

I had to take on of those hop-on hop-off buses to get there. The experience itself was great. You walk into the trophy hall and you see an endless amount of silverware and sentimental items that have been used in the past such as actual game day balls, football boots used by players in memorable games, everything really. I had a photo taken holding one of the huge trophies I've ever seen, walked into the commentators booth to see what it feels like from there, and I even made it down towards the turt and took a single blade of turf with me. I sat in the stadium and took a 360° panoramic video of the grand stand. There were so many different rooms inside the stadium including the theater room which probably about 10 large screens with highlights of their greatest games and victories, then in the very next room the tiniest screens you'll ever see like those of the old iPods with many more videos of their other good wins.

I finished the tour by going down to the souvenir shop and buying a few items, including 2 custom jerseys. All up I spent about €150 just on that tour and what I bought, but it was great.

BUT... the day was not over. Now Barcelona is 8 hours behind Sydney, so while I was experiencing that, the Bulldogs were doing battle with the Wests Tigers back home. By the time I got back to my hotel room the game was over, but I decided to go to the internet cafe in the hotel to check the score.

Low and behold... (video).

And that concludes the greatest sporting day in my life!

EzyB

Banned
Reaction score
2004 grandfinal belmore was shutdown for 3 days.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Going to UFC 110, the first ever UFC event in Australia. Was absolutely nuts, especially as it was my best mates bucks weekend so it was party mode on top. Also the Hotel we stayed at was coincidentally the same Hotel where the fighters, trainers and UFC stuff were staying so we got to meet, chat and get pictures with many of the fighters, trainers and UFC staff.

Smartseal

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Live, - being at the Gabba in 2010 when Peter Siddle got a hat trick.

But greatest moment (for me) was the late night/early morning in September 1983 when Aus 2 won the Americas cup.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
as a kid, I sat up with my dad and watched on TV as our comparatively little football club became champion club of Europe

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Good Thread topic…

There are many but one of the best being very young and buying tickets to HarbourLife in 2004 a dance/house music festival on farm cove in the botanical gardens. Now I knew it was on GF day but months out I thought firstly I want to party so I’m getting tickets but secondly how can I be sure the Dogs will even come close to getting in.

Turns out they did and I figured look I’ve made my decision I’m going to this party. If we win I’ll be over the moon if they loose I’ll be devastated but at least I’ll be out having fun.

Ended up watching the game on a sound tech guys monitor about the size of and iPad probably 20 random dudes all massive Dogs fans no one knew each other and whilst the party was pumping behind us you have never seen so many “loved up” strangers go more wild..Dad rang me from the leagues club crying ha ha apparently was standing on a table when it collapsed lol everyone got up laughing. Anyway the rest of that party night was unforgettable.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Other one was watching my missus when she use to play soccer played for leichhardt in just a social team. Half the time half the team didn’t turn up and they could barely field a side. Anyway the core players including my missus were pretty good an somehow managed to win game after game with a lot less players than the other teams.

They miraculously get to the GF and are playing I think Lakemba. Last two times these girls beat her team 8 - 1 and 12 - 0 lol..But that was with a full side with too many subs ect where all of there team was very talented

That was by far not the worst though they had beaten other teams 25 - 0 ect and were undefeated and they had a reputation as very aggressive and very very competitive. They had started fights intimidated referees and friends and family of players..

So on the day with no subs lol lol lol lol lol our girls fucking beat them 3 - 1 in the GF ha ha ha ha best thing I’ve ever seen. They imploded and turned to fouling and punching and kicking and intimidating refs ect but no dice lost it

Wouldn’t shake hands at the end spat at opposition supporters some of their partners tried starting fights with people ha ha such grace. It was the best suck a shit you absolutely oxygen thieves moment ever..

To go undefeated and then crumble ha ha most got suspended and the team broke apart the next year. My missus team decided to retire on top..

Last edited:

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Other one was watching my missus when she use to play soccer played for leichhardt in just a social team. Half the time half the team didn’t turn up and they could barley fielded a side. Anyway the core players including my missus were pretty good an somehow managed to win game after game with a lot less players than the other teams.

They miraculously get to the GF and are playing I think Lakemba. Last two times these girls beat her team 8 - 1 and 12 - 0 lol..But that was with a full side with too many subs ect where all of there team was very talented

That was by far not the worst though they had beaten other teams 25 - 0 ect and were undefeated and they had a reputation as very aggressive and very very competitive. They had started fights intimidated referees and friends and family of players..

So on the day with no subs lol lol lol lol lol our girls fucking beat them 3 - 1 in the GF ha ha ha ha best thing I’ve ever seen. They imploded and turned to fouling and punching and kicking and intimidating refs ect but no dice lost it

Wouldn’t shake hands at the end spat at opposition supporters some of their partners tried starting fights with people ha ha such grace. It was the best suck a shit you absolutely oxygen thieves moment ever..

To go undefeated and then crumble ha ha most got suspended and the team broke apart the next year. My missus team decided to retire on top..
Nuff said

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
1980 Grand Final - first Premiership since 1942. It had been building though the 70s, just missed out in 79'. Magical team, the Gearin try, the Glossop reaction, the excitement in the community... a very special day.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Other one was watching my missus when she use to play soccer played for leichhardt in just a social team. Half the time half the team didn’t turn up and they could barley fielded a side. Anyway the core players including my missus were pretty good an somehow managed to win game after game with a lot less players than the other teams.

Far out bro I love the way you make these stories sound dramatic lol. Bless your cotton socks :grinning: