What is your favourite (CURRENT) TV Show

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I just finished watching "How to become a tyrant" on Netflix.

Its a 6 part series (30 mins per episode) co-produced and narrated by Peter Dinklage (the little guy from GoT), and it takes a different tyrant/dictator each episode and alongside each episode they go through a "playbook" of what you need to do if you too, wish to become a tyrant.

The six tyrants featured are Hitler, Hussein, Amin, Stalin, Gaddafi and the Kim Dynasty. Its not really a documentary per se, more of an entertaining look at these awful people in an entertaining/pop-psychology way.

I thoroughly enjoyed it, but feel i'm not where closer to being a tyrant.

Giving it 9/10

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Most recent full series I binge-watched was Kim's Convenience.

I started watching it hoping for something as good as the last successful Canadian series - Schitt's Creek.

The show follows a Korean immigrant couple who run a convenience store, their two adult Canadian born kids, and other characters like the store owning neighbours, most of whom are also immigrants.

The show ran for 5 season and i thought started really strong, but ended quite disappointingly. The last season wasn't great - it had a couple of shoehorned side storylines in there which just looked contrived.

My favourite character was Mr Kim. He actually reminds me of my local fruit and veg market owner, who is Lao not Korean, but is a large balding man who seems gruff but has a heart of gold... the racial stereotypes are fairly funny without overdoing it, including the Indian guy who owns the neighbouring restaurant.

Overall it gets a 7/10 from me.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That’s hilarious, I was going to say Suits. If any others out there haven’t watched it. Awesome show about lawyers.
I really liked the shows premise and the first season, but I lost interest around mid 2nd season tbh.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really liked the shows premise and the first season, but I lost interest around mid 2nd season tbh.
I think you should give it another chance. We have just also finished the 9th season, on DVD. Gabriel Macht who plays Harvey Spector should be the next James Bond.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I just finished watching "How to become a tyrant" on Netflix.

Its a 6 part series (30 mins per episode) co-produced and narrated by Peter Dinklage (the little guy from GoT), and it takes a different tyrant/dictator each episode and alongside each episode they go through a "playbook" of what you need to do if you too, wish to become a tyrant.

The six tyrants featured are Hitler, Hussein, Amin, Stalin, Gaddafi and the Kim Dynasty. Its not really a documentary per se, more of an entertaining look at these awful people in an entertaining/pop-psychology way.

I thoroughly enjoyed it, but feel i'm not where closer to being a tyrant.

Giving it 9/10

I enjoyed it. Amin was a moron.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
highly recommend this one:

The Mrs watched it. I caught pieces of it here and there. It was really interesting and shows how dysfunctional the American medical system can be. The guy was so terrible at his job that he maimed and killed people, yet no one wanted to take away his license. In the US generally when something bad happens then it comes down to the patient's family suing the doctor, rather than having any kind of official investigation. It's one of the problems when your medical system is almost entirely privatised.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
The Mrs watched it. I caught pieces of it here and there. It was really interesting and shows how dysfunctional the American medical system can be. The guy was so terrible at his job that he maimed and killed people, yet no one wanted to take away his license. In the US generally when something bad happens then it comes down to the patient's family suing the doctor, rather than having any kind of official investigation. It's one of the problems when your medical system is almost entirely privatised.
Joshua Jackson, Alec Baldwin, and Christian Slater all played their roles very well. AB and CS's role as doctors who were continuing to push for an investigation were done well, and JJ did very well also. It gives an insight into his background and study (college years), and them coming onboard to Baylor Medical Centre, and his fall into custody, having his medical license terminated, court case, and jail.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Watching Queen of the South.

I Love all cartel related shows. Plus I Love the little nods to Scarface in it.

Manny from Scarface and Johnny Tapia from Bad Boys 2 are in it also.

Plus I'd do naughty things to La Jefa, Camilla.
Addictive TV.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think you should give it another chance. We have just also finished the 9th season, on DVD. Gabriel Macht who plays Harvey Spector should be the next James Bond.
it went for 9 seasons? That's way too long for any show TBH.

I liked the concept and character of Mike Ross, and whilst i found the idea of fake lawyer in a firm compelling, it doesn't really have longevity, and you know he would bang Megan Markle sooner or later.

I didn't warm to Harvey Spector, possibly as I've dealt with a number of them in my career.

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are any of you into Survival stuff?
There's a show on SBS on demand called Alone, they throw 10 ppl into the wilderness and its a last man standing type show.
They have to hunt for their own food, build their own shelter purify water, deal with bears in their camp etc.
Im up to the 3rd season and really enjoying it so far.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
SBS On Demand has a tonne of content a lot is obviously foreign but is pretty good, offputting to some the subtitles though.The Danes do some very decent drama/crime series, just watched Darkness, Those Who Kill enjoyed that.

Not sure if all 4 seasons are on there to binge but Cardinal was a fantastic series, both the leads the male and female detectives are well acted and Karine Vanasse is beautiful..is in English a Canadian based show.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Are any of you into Survival stuff?
There's a show on SBS on demand called Alone, they throw 10 ppl into the wilderness and its a last man standing type show.
They have to hunt for their own food, build their own shelter purify water, deal with bears in their camp etc.
Im up to the 3rd season and really enjoying it so far.
Seems like a more genuine version of survivor?