What is your favourite (CURRENT) TV Show

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone remember this masterpiece?

Yeah sort of it seemed familiar to me. Very similar style to the Rock Aliens movie I posted.

I forgot to add the trailer in the original post so here It is...be warned, it's bad lol.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I've started watching Peaky Blinders from the start.

Its basically about a gang in Birmingham just after WW1, and one of its members wanting to go big time.

Lots of violence, a bit of sexy action, and cool accents.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I love Plan 9 because it markets itself as "The Worst Movie Ever Made". Did you know that the original title was "Body Snatchers from outta Space" but because it was financed by the Mormons, they didn't like the title so it was changed to Plan 9.

I know that Baptist ministers objected to the working title Grave Robbers from Outer Space but don't remember any reference to Body Snatchers. I don't doubt you and it is funny how certain people can have sway on the titles of movies.

Of course for the male viewers it also " starred" the lovely busty Vampire and the bald dude zombie Tor Johnson a wrestler ( Super Swedish Angel) who actually did have hair, blonde in fact, which he shaved,,,,, he creeped me out. Ed Wood the director also made a few other classics Glen and Glenda, which I have on DVD..lol...and Night of the Ghouls. It was an interesting choice to have Johnny Depp play Wood in the biopic directed by Tim Burton of the Nightmare before Christmas film .George the animal Steele played the role made famous by Johnson.

I think it is considered a classic in its own right even though it was voted worst film of all time........considering it was made in a garage and cost just 60k ( which I guess back then was a bit of money) and some of the effects were downright diabolical...you know the sort so bad they are good.

I made an error too with the bit about Lugosi dying during filming. The parts that he was in were actually sort of random clips that Wood had which he was either going to put in a movie that never saw the light of day, Vampires tomb or were actually for Plan 9. Lugosi's named was used to give credibility to the film. The actor for want of a better word who paraded around like Lugosi with a cape across his face was not even the same height... oh darn it all this talk has made me want to watch it again. This weekend is supposed to bet wet and windy so what a better time to do so.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Anyone remember V, the tv show where that lizard chick swallowed the hamster? I'm accessing memory cells I thought were long dead from lifestyle.
I can go one better. I actually met Jane Badler the alien commander at a convention in Sydney many years ago. Lovely lady and I even got her autograph. Will try and get my daughter to help me put a copy up here on the Kennel.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know that Baptist ministers objected to the working title Grave Robbers from Outer Space but don't remember any reference to Body Snatchers. I don't doubt you and it is funny how certain people can have sway on the titles of movies.

Of course for the male viewers it also " starred" the lovely busty Vampire and the bald dude zombie Tor Johnson a wrestler ( Super Swedish Angel) who actually did have hair, blonde in fact, which he shaved,,,,, he creeped me out. Ed Wood the director also made a few other classics Glen and Glenda, which I have on DVD..lol...and Night of the Ghouls. It was an interesting choice to have Johnny Depp play Wood in the biopic directed by Tim Burton of the Nightmare before Christmas film .George the animal Steele played the role made famous by Johnson.

I think it is considered a classic in its own right even though it was voted worst film of all time........considering it was made in a garage and cost just 60k ( which I guess back then was a bit of money) and some of the effects were downright diabolical...you know the sort so bad they are good.

I made an error too with the bit about Lugosi dying during filming. The parts that he was in were actually sort of random clips that Wood had which he was either going to put in a movie that never saw the light of day, Vampires tomb or were actually for Plan 9. Lugosi's named was used to give credibility to the film. The actor for want of a better word who paraded around like Lugosi with a cape across his face was not even the same height... oh darn it all this talk has made me want to watch it again. This weekend is supposed to bet wet and windy so what a better time to do so.
Grave Robbers you are correct, I got mixed up with Invasion of the Body Snatchers. lol I loved the curtains in the alien Space Craft and the dismantled TV that was the ships "control panel". It is truly one for the ages, enjoy watching it again.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I haven't seen the stage show versions. Might have to see if I can find them online somewhere. I have listened to a musical version though. I'm not sure who created that but it was pretty good.

Without giving much away, this adaptation steps away from any version I've seen a bit. It seems to be focusing a lot on the morality of the main characters.

I want to look for a copy of the original book actually. I've never read anything by Wells. Any recommendations for other titles outside of war of the world's?
The musical version was by Jeff Wayne who conducts the orchestra. It was a cross between a stage show/ musical. I have the vinyl and both versions of the musical ( just different actors and theatres) .Liam Neeson appeared as a hologram ( pretty cool) and Richard Burton as an animated screen face but his actual voice.
It uses quotes from the book and is pretty much truer to the story than the films, which of course were bought more into future/ modern times.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Grave Robbers you are correct, I got mixed up with Invasion of the Body Snatchers. lol I loved the curtains in the alien Space Craft and the dismantled TV that was the ships "control panel". It is truly one for the ages, enjoy watching it again.
Which Body Snatchers if your favourite? The 1956 with Keven McCarthy ( my personal favourite) who was also in the 1978 Donald Sutherland one( my second favourite)

The 1993 Body Snatchers Gabrielle Anwar, or the 2007 Nicole Kidman one The Invasion which also starred one of the people from the 1978 one Veronica Cartwright ( sister of Angela of Lost In Space fame)

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Which Body Snatchers if your favourite? The 1956 with Keven McCarthy ( my personal favourite) who was also in the 1978 Donald Sutherland one( my second favourite)

The 1993 Body Snatchers Gabrielle Anwar, or the 2007 Nicole Kidman one The Invasion which also starred one of the people from the 1978 one Veronica Cartwright ( sister of Angela of Lost In Space fame)
I'm always partial to the originals with movies and TV shows, even if they are shit, I like gaining that understanding of a story I've not seen/heard before.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone remember this masterpiece?

Always loved this. I haven't seen it for years. I like the 'Bullshit or Not' spoof of Ripleys type shows. Also, Henny Younman doing comedy at the funeral, and the son of the invisible man segment, and blacks without soul is classic.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Watching The Last Man on Earth.

Pretty funny. The funniest part is that a "virus" wiped out the whole Earth in 2021. It was created in 2015-2017. It also suggests that "Trump" gets killed by the virus and Pence becomes the 46th president.

Sounds familiar lol

PS I think we would all do the stuff he does to keep occupied lol

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They made a TV series
I did not really get right into the movie but have just binge watched the series....not bad and has a pretty good if not predictable cliff hangar...As soon as the character asked certain questions i sort of guessed who they were..... Can't wait for series two to drop sometime 2021.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I just watched Banshee for the first time recently. Ended up binging the whole series in 10 days. WOW what an all-time great show.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just watched Banshee for the first time recently. Ended up binging the whole series in 10 days. WOW what an all-time great show.
It's a favourite of mine, I have talked it up in here several times. It's a shame that they cancelled it, I mean at least they let them finish up the season but I thought there was still more life in the show.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm watching the 4 part documentary series Jeffrey Epstein: Filthy Rich on Netflix. It's been adapted from the NY Times best seller book of the same name. I'll give my complete thoughts on it once I finish it. Anyone else watched it?

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm watching the 4 part documentary series Jeffrey Epstein: Filthy Rich on Netflix. It's been adapted from the NY Times best seller book of the same name. I'll give my complete thoughts on it once I finish it. Anyone else watched it?
The missus has and been bugging me to watch it. She won't watch it with me as I usually get wound up watching these types of shows. Be interested in your take on it.