What is your favourite (CURRENT) TV Show

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep, I watched it when it was on Facebook/YouTube before it was brought by Netflix.

It's relatable too, as I have worked in retail before for many years. It does sum up things pretty well of what it's like.
Yep, even as a kiwi it’s relatable Aussie humour, and even though I’ve never been in Retail an never will be, I still get it. Was awesome.!!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lucifer looks like it's being released August 21st and has been renewed for another season...not sure how I missed this before

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lucifer looks like it's being released August 21st and has been renewed for another season...not sure how I missed this before
Yeah, I saw that pop up the other day. I was hoping they would wrap up the story this season but another season doesn't hurt.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Season 3 of The Sinner and Season 3 of Dark are both on Netflix now. Both amazing shows.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah, I saw that pop up the other day. I was hoping they would wrap up the story this season but another season doesn't hurt.
They knew season 5 would be the last season before going into production so it's interesting to see them give it an extra season. Wonder if Netflix pushed for the extra season because of it's popularity?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Binged season 3 of The Sinner.

It's pretty slow and unlike the other two seasons, early on you already know everything but it gets really intense later on. Still not as good as the first two seasons but worth a watch.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This might be worth a watch as I love the Fallout game - https://celebrity.nine.com.au/tv/fa...y-amazon/4ae21bf6-8e0f-479b-b9ac-cad69ffc33b2

Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy have set their sights on creating another expansive sci-fi series.

The Westworld duo are developing a show at Amazon based on the Fallout video game franchise. Their Kilter Films banner is producing the project which has a series commitment penalty attached, meaning it would go directly to series if Amazon execs are on board with the scripts.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Binging my way through Warrior Nun on Netflix. Haven't finished it yet (have 3 episodes left), but I'm not sure if I would recommend it.

Pros:

- The main chick is extremely cute. Think Alicia Vikander before she did Tomb Raider

- Shotgun Mary is great

Cons:

- terrible story

- terrible writing

- extremely predictable

- full of pointless exposition and filler

- pulls out every trope and cliche

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
OK. I finished Warrior Nun.

It's pretty crap but gets better later on. The main chick is really cute and a pretty decent actress. The rest aren't bad but not great either.

There's a nice ending to the season. By that I mean the last episode is good all the way up until it finishes on a big "To Be Continued..."

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just started watching war of the world's on SBS. Pretty good so far. The first three episodes are available on demand.have to wait until Thursdays for the next episode though.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just finished don't f*"k with cats

Just solidifies my belief that people are seriously demented and that applies to both sides of the camp, just one slightly more than the other

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I finished Season 3 of Dark on Netflix.

Highly, highly, highly recommend. Especially for the Nerds. Word of warning though. Before you watch the 3rd season, it's best to spend 10 years at Uni studying Quantum Physics.

The first season is a little slow but sets it up as a show about families trying to find out what happened to their missing kids, and why one guy committed suicide.

Without giving too much away, it has a lot to do with time travel. The 1st season is a slow setup. The 2nd season is more in depth. The 3rd season is 10 levels of confusing. Fortunately it's all pretty much explained by the end of it but it's watching it just scrambles your brain. Not so much the science of it. That's fairly simplistic and often wrong. It's more the fact that there's so many characters operating across so many different times that just makes it really difficult to keep track of who is who. At times they would do a big twist reveal when someone would say, "my name is actually X?" with big dramatic music and I'd have to pause it and look up on imdb to remember who X was and stuff like that.

Still, very much worth a watch.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just started watching war of the world's on SBS. Pretty good so far. The first three episodes are available on demand.have to wait until Thursdays for the next episode though.
I missed the first two so will start it on SBS on demand. I have read the synopsis and it is a lot different to the two movies and the ITV mini series in its interpretation.

Have you watched the stage show version of Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds? There are two available one with Liam Neeson as the Reporter and the other with the voice of Richard Burton.

I like anything H G Wells and my favourite version of the Time Machine is the original with Rod Taylor...

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah great movie, horror and sci-fi, my two favourite genres.
I am the same. What are some of your favourites in the way of series and movies.Me, I can't help watching B grade sci fi as I grew up with it but also newer ones like the Martian.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
SBS has potential until they lost the Champions League. Looks like they were handed a lifeline when Optus stuffed up the 2018 World Cup. No more shows like Pizza or South Park, Swift and Shift Couriers etc and now having commercials during a show... they've taken a huge plummet.
These days are those shows even considered politically correct? They have even taken the broom to Gone with the Wind a classic film because of the slavery/ depiction of coloured people ( oops can I even say that?)There have been a lot of shows pulled because of the politically correct brigade...