What is your favourite (CURRENT) TV Show

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Why do all the good shows get the flick yet shitty ones drag on for seasons?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was pissed off beyond belief when they shit canned DEADWOOD, it still angers me

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I know I'm going to cop it for this but I just dead missed it the first time around. But I'm loving The Shield. Don't know how I never got on to it years ago. For those like me that haven't seen it go out and get the first season. You will be getting the rest of the seasons the next day.

Last edited by a moderator:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Just finished watching the first season of Legit. Anybody else seen it? Thought it was pretty funny. Jim Jeffries has put together a good cast including the chick who played the nazi in Austin Powers, Kyle from Road Trip and Cliff from Cheers.

Brooklyn-nine-nine is next on the list.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I know I'm going to cop it for this but I just dead missed it the first time around. But I'm loving The Shield. Don't know how I never got on to it years ago. For those like me that haven't seen it go out and get the first season. You will be getting the rest of the seasons the next day.
The Shield was FANTASTIC, right up there with The Wire (if your haven't seen it WATCH IT)

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Shield was FANTASTIC, right up there with The Wire (if your haven't seen it WATCH IT)
I have watched 3 eps of the 1st season of the wire but am struggling to get into it. You are saying I should persist?

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Most definitely, the last season was pretty garbage, and it is a little dated, which makes it harder to watch, but still great

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I have watched 3 eps of the 1st season of the wire but am struggling to get into it. You are saying I should persist?
The Wire was pretty good overall (beter than 99% of the rubbish we get served up these days). Not sure if it was worth the hype. The nice guy talk can get a bit taxing. I thought the season in the schools was the weakest (can't remember which season that was).

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
BTW, Sons returns for its 7th and final season next month i think. I think its gone a couple of seasons too long, as the storylines move away from reality even further, but will watch it through to the end.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
BTW, Sons returns for its 8th and final season next month i think. I think its gone a couple of seasons too long, as the storylines move away from reality even further, but will watch it through to the end.

It is kind of like How I Met Your Mother for me, I watched it, not religiously, but by the time the last season came around, I recognised it was worse than ever, but because it is the last season I will stick it out.

I am also currently feeling the same about True Blood

A good Aussie show is Wentworth, I know it is a remake of Prisioner, but still good

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I couldn't get in to Sons. I tried to watch a few episodes of the first season and it really bored me. Saw a couple of random episodes a few seasons later and found it more interesting but it's still not really my thing.

Dogandgunner

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just watched Fargo it was really good, halt and catch fire is good as well its about the computer wars in the 80's

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I stopped watching Sons when it stopped being Sons of Anarchy and turned into Sons of Jax...

http://www.ismyshowcancelled.com/home/
Now i know Fargo is doing a 2nd season. Cool.

As for Sons of Anarchy, I think Charlie Hunnam is the poorest casting in the show. Pity as the rest are really well cast - the guys who play Bobby, Chibs, Tig, Juice, Happy, Rat etc actually convince me they could be bikies. A pom with a crappy American accent? Not so much.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I just watched Fargo it was really good, halt and catch fire is good as well its about the computer wars in the 80's
Fargo stayed pretty loyal to the concept of the original movie. Rumours are the 2nd season will go back a generation and the focus character will be Lou Solverson (Molly's dad) when he was a cop.

Dogandgunner

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fargo stayed pretty loyal to the concept of the original movie. Rumours are the 2nd season will go back a generation and the focus character will be Lou Solverson (Molly's dad) when he was a cop.
Billy Bob Thorton was awesome in the show

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Just reading through the weblink KE provided, and Legit has been axed after only 2 seasons. Oh well.