What is the best thing about your job?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I think we got a different definition of what this means. I'm not talking about lollies ;)
That's the only candy I have in my office. Trust me.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I have recently started at a Telstra Partner in the city

Hate it, it's so fucking boring, the role as they explained it to me was more project management, but of course when i get here it's the usual cold calling rubbish.

The only good part i have is when i go home :grinning:
I got a neighbor who sells "cloud space" to big corporations for telstra.
Makes a fucken killing doing it too.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
So in other words the best thing about his job is the moolah?

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
the best and at the same time the worst thing about my job

working from home.
Working from home, if you said this in 1998 people would of assumed you're a drug dealer and claiming social security benefits.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah but he's selling cloud space, backup space, right? He's investing it in other words.
Yes and No. He actually sells space on telstras commercial cloud.
So if a business wants to back up their network, he sells them 1Tb, 2Tb whatever they need, on telstras cloud.

Wahesh

Reaction score
The variety i guess , we look after some well off people's beach front properties, and now warming up so the bikinis are coming out.and i can go for a swim anytime i want.
Next minute i could be out in the middle of nowhere in some jail doing work, or flying out interstate doing work on movie theaters.
I also tell my boss to fuck off at least 10 times a day and call him a ****.
I so should've had you by my side at one of my previous gigs... I so wanted to call one of my ex bosses that. That guy was the biggest Karmichael I've ever met in my life.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
i left that shithole, been in my new role for nearly a month.

It's more of a wholesaler, i can make way more money here too

Wahesh

Reaction score
i left that shithole, been in my new role for nearly a month.

It's more of a wholesaler, i can make way more money here too
Well... Telstra lost it's soul and any credibility they had when they hired yankee doodle Sol Trujillo to run the company. That guy was as useless as they come. All he did was down-size the company, ruining the lives or the family's who worked at Telstra for most of their lives, and ruin the company's reputation while getting paid a mint to do so. Damn criminal.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well... Telstra lost it's soul and any credibility they had when they hired yankee doodle Sol Trujillo to run the company. That guy was as useless as they come. All he did was down-size the company, ruining the lives or the family's who worked at Telstra for most of their lives, and ruin the company's reputation while getting paid a mint to do so. Damn criminal.

My mum left them around that time.
She worked in customer service and they started imposing sales targets on them.

Wahesh

Reaction score
My mum left them around that time.
She worked in customer service and they started imposing sales targets on them.
My dad worked for them. 34 years of service. Then the manager was flying in from Melbourne, and my dad immediately knew what was happening. This is what they did

- My dad had to tell his whole team the news because the manager didn't have the balls to do it himself, gutless pussy
- The job (my dads job) was moved to Melbourne with a salary $40,000 LESS than the package my dad was on (cunning)
- They offered my dad a job equivalent to his for a small internet company that Telstra owned. This however would've meant forfeiting 34 years worth of severance package. He declined the job and took the payout instead

To pay the dickhead manager back, he took his team out on the teams last day together to a very expensive lunch with wine, desert and everything else without getting the managers approval (he would've said no), he intentionally did NOT invite the manager, took a photo of them all having lunch with win and everything clearly visible on the table, and sent it to him, and paid for the entire meal on his corporate credit card. From memory the meal was well over $5000. He handed his work phone SIM back in but kept the phone handset itself which was worth a fair bit.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
My dad worked for them. 34 years of service. Then the manager was flying in from Melbourne, and my dad immediately knew what was happening. This is what they did

- My dad had to tell his whole team the news because the manager didn't have the balls to do it himself, gutless pussy
- The job (my dads job) was moved to Melbourne with a salary $40,000 LESS than the package my dad was on (cunning)
- They offered my dad a job equivalent to his for a small internet company that Telstra owned. This however would've meant forfeiting 34 years worth of severance package. He declined the job and took the payout instead

To pay the dickhead manager back, he took his team out on the teams last day together to a very expensive lunch with wine, desert and everything else without getting the managers approval (he would've said no), he intentionally did NOT invite the manager, took a photo of them all having lunch with win and everything clearly visible on the table, and sent it to him, and paid for the entire meal on his corporate credit card. From memory the meal was well over $5000. He handed his work phone SIM back in but kept the phone handset itself which was worth a fair bit.
Your dad sounds like someone I could get on with.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Your dad sounds like someone I could get on with.
I'm sure anyone would've liked it. They went to the Golden Century Seafood Restaurant in Chinatown. That meals there are expensive enough. There are some wines there dating back to the 1970s that are $28,000 plus. I told him he should've used the credit card on one of those bottles... but he said it
would not have been possible as his monthly limited was $10,000 lol.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Watching black clag kill birds insects and nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.