What is the best thing about your job?

Status
Not open for further replies.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The variety i guess , we look after some well off people's beach front properties, and now warming up so the bikinis are coming out.and i can go for a swim anytime i want.
Next minute i could be out in the middle of nowhere in some jail doing work, or flying out interstate doing work on movie theaters.
I also tell my boss to fuck off at least 10 times a day and call him a ****.
I also call my boss a ****, then when I get home my wife calls me a **** too lol

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Well when I was bouncing I got paid to have fun basically. I was getting 65 an hour as a security manager, telling 10 foot tall coconuts what to do, stand around with my mates, have a smoke when I wanted, talk to girls and a few other fringe benefits ;) oh and I loved the occasional all in brawls........that sometimes we started because it was a quiet night lol

But the best times where when I was in "the clean up crew" at that time I was 183cm and 158kg, my nickname was baby, so you could imagine the other 4 monsters I worked with lol

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
  • Getting to do something that less than 50 people have been qualified to do, in this country's history.
  • Being in control of landmark infrastructure.
  • Playing a crucial role in supplying medicine to people suffering.
  • Learning. There's so much to this industry, you'll never know it all. I'm forever asking the NAS nerds questions.
  • Shift work (my gardens have never looked so good)
  • Footy and soccer at work.
  • Swimming pool at work.
  • Tennis courts at work.
  • Basketball courts at work.
  • Squash courts at work.
  • Oh, and going critical is pretty fun, too.

fuck i miss them days!

PS. where was the tennis court, swimming pool , squash and basket ball courts

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
fuck i miss them days!

PS. where was the tennis court, swimming pool , squash and basket ball courts
Wtf ??
Did you ever leave your building ?
The tennis and basketball court were side by side at the northern end of the footy field.
The squash court is in the gym next to the pool.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wtf ??
The tennis and basketball court were side by side at the northern end of the footy field.

i left in 2007, all we had next to our building was a 20 million dollar hole, cordoned off.

behind us was the HIFAR.

this probably was built after i was gone.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Wtf ??
what do you do mate?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Current job:

- Free Stationary
- Lots of Eye Candy :hearteyes:
- Cheap Coffee ($2.50)
- Off-peak tap-on/tap-off fares

Past jobs:

- Blue Ribbon CBD Location
- Company Car lift to work
- No boss in the office, they worked in a separate office
- Daily $20 lunch allowance
- No dress code, jeans and sport shoes everyday
- Friendly people
- Keycard printing (print at any printer by scanning your key card on it rather than physically sending the print job to a specific printer
- Lots of free time to use the internet, play games, social media etc...

Yep... my past jobs certainly did have more benefits than my current job... but I guess that's the price I must pay for working in a higher-paying role now!

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I have recently started at a Telstra Partner in the city

Hate it, it's so fucking boring, the role as they explained it to me was more project management, but of course when i get here it's the usual cold calling rubbish.

The only good part i have is when i go home :grinning:

Wahesh

Reaction score
Jobs are always "dressed-up" and "Glamoured" when they are advertised. When you start, they are nothing like that. I remember I worked for the Federal Government once as part of a newly established team, and during the orientation (there were 5 of us there on day one), the team actually said "This is not the most exciting job you'll do" -- that was a major buzzkill. I was really looking forward to it too. When I started working, I had those words running through my mind all the time. It freaking killed any motivation I had to do the job.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Now as for working for big companies... many people want to work for companies like Google and Apple. My advice... AVOID THEM. I know someone who worked there, and she hated it. She said that because these companies have all these little benefits for their employees, and everyone wants to work for them, they take advantage of their staff by paying them peanuts. It's something that might look good on your CV, but not something you'd want to stay in for very long!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
- Lots of Eye Candy :hearteyes:
The candy is killing me. The candy jar is near my desk and someone keeps refilling it. Can't help myself. Must keep eating.

Wahesh

Reaction score
The candy is killing me. The candy jar is near my desk and someone keeps refilling it. Can't help myself. Must keep eating.
Yeah I think we got a different definition of what this means. I'm not talking about lollies ;)

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Jobs are always "dressed-up"
Not mine no shoes at all.
I decided when i get corpsefied gunna have a sausage sizzle at my funeral. No shoes and fat guy Hawaiian shirts. Hopefully they can get my hands doing the double thumbs up when rigamortis sets in so ***** can get pictures eating a sausage sandwich next to my corpse .
Maybe have a few pole dances when they are reading my eulogy either way it will be a fun fucking funeral

Wahesh

Reaction score
Not mine no shoes at all.
I decided when i get corpsefied gunna have a sausage sizzle at my funeral. No shoes and fat guy Hawaiian shirts. Hopefully they can get my hands doing the double thumbs up when rigamortis sets in so ***** can get pictures eating a sausage sandwich next to my corpse .
Maybe have a few pole dances when they are reading my eulogy either way it will be a fun fucking funeral
LMFAO. You never fail to deliver Southy!

Status
Not open for further replies.