What is the best home security system.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You can get through them, it just takes more time and effort. That random on the street that's trying to break in would just move onto the next house.
Yep. Crimsafe is good for your average criminal. Weakest point is the lock. They generally use 3 point locking system which makes it very difficult to jimmy, but still fairly easy to pick the lock if you know what you're doing.

But if a criminal is determined enough to get into your place, doesn't matter what you have in place. I see businesses get hit often by professionals. Industrial angle grinders are the usual go to. They'll go through anything in a short amount of time. Even Crimsafe stuff. But they're unlikely to bother doing that on a house unless they know you have a lot of expensive stuff there.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've got Crimsafe doors - no one can get through them. The more pressure that's applied on them the harder the mesh locks onto the hooks inside. Also got blockout shutters on all windows downstairs and windows upstairs that have a ledge. The only windows that don't have them have a very ugly incline.
Can the thief get in through the roof & through the man hole.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Can the thief get in through the roof & through the man hole.
No man hole. Through the roof we've got a very ugly incline. And once they're in they will have a hard time getting that 65 inch tv out without the door key - unless they want to throw it out the window lol.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yep. Crimsafe is good for your average criminal. Weakest point is the lock. They generally use 3 point locking system which makes it very difficult to jimmy, but still fairly easy to pick the lock if you know what you're doing.

But if a criminal is determined enough to get into your place, doesn't matter what you have in place. I see businesses get hit often by professionals. Industrial angle grinders are the usual go to. They'll go through anything in a short amount of time. Even Crimsafe stuff. But they're unlikely to bother doing that on a house unless they know you have a lot of expensive stuff there.
Yeah I moved into a new place that had a massive lock the previous owner left. My brother brought an angle grinder and it took under 10 seconds, I was surprised

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hikvisions best cameras in the market, but pricey, you get what you pay for.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hikvisions best cameras in the market, but pricey, you get what you pay for.
Interesting thing about Hikvision...

Hikvision and Dahua are the two most popular commercial camera brands in the world. But they're also the two brands that are banned from all Australian and US government sites. The controlling share-holder for each company is the Chinese government.

That's not anything to worry about by itself, but a couple of years back they found an exploit in the cameras that allowed the Chinese government to connect to any IP camera. They only found it because hackers started using it to get access to secured networks. Basically anyone who connected their IP cameras to the rest of their network allowed a backdoor so anyone could hack their network.

The exploit has been patched out now, but it was patched out by Hikvision and Dahua.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
On a side note, both companies developed cameras for the Chinese government that helps the government track Uyghurs so they can send them to their re-education camps.

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got Crimsafe doors - no one can get through them. The more pressure that's applied on them the harder the mesh locks onto the hooks inside. Also got blockout shutters on all windows downstairs and windows upstairs that have a ledge. The only windows that don't have them have a very ugly incline.
Good system . You need to make it difficult physically. They will just choose a different house that's easier

People who out cameras think they are safe, then have a big glass panel that just begs to be broken.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can get through them, it just takes more time and effort. That random on the street that's trying to break in would just move onto the next house.
Yes you can get through them but it takes time and requires noise... Both natural enemies of a thief. They will just go for an easier target..

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another issue is homes located near parks or without neighbours that can see the house. Thieves look for a good getaway and places they are not seen..

Don't buy bear parks or corner blocks or where the house is difficult to see.. it's like an invitation to thieves

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Wanting to buy a decent security system. So what are your recommendations. And how many cameras do you suggest.
44 Magnum and a 26 inch coach gun both will kill an intruder through a closed door.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
No they are not, they just are not given to fucking morons.
My issue is they are kept locked up but if I had an intruder I want to quickly access my 9mm and bust caps and not get done for it

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I am talking about firearms, not your penis.
Guns are a human right

atm it’s disgusting taht you could be asleep and wake up and there’s 8 refugees in your house taking your stuff and some are going to your wife’s rooms and you can’t do anything

if that was Nasheed then I would I quickly access my glock9 and shoot the first two and roll around and to shoot another 2. Then as more approach I drop to my knees and shoot upwards to get them. Then go into the room where the woman is and throw a teddy in to see how theus
React and if I don’t hear a shit I’d take them out. The hide under the bed and when the final two come in I give lead poisoning to their feet. Finish one off and then say to the last to never forget what happened here today. And to tell your friends. Before I let him go into the wild I’ll get a hit knife form the kitchen and carve an N into his cheek so he remembers and respects the name of Nasheed.