What is the best email app for a android phone

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
have been using Samsung Mail without problems, now the email app won't sync & to get my emails, I have to manually open the app. I have checked the settings & all is fine with them. Think during the last update it changed settings on the phone & haven't a clue what was changed. Have a Samsung S22 ultra.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Depends who your email service is with. I used a heap of different apps but didn't like most of them. Ended up using Outlook app for my hotmail and work emails, and gmail for my gmail account.

Originally used Samsung mail for my work emails, but it's not a great app. And when I register my work email using Samsung email, it gives my work full administration access to everything in my phone.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Outlook bro.

You can add any email, and have them all combined in the same inbox.

PS I have the S21 5G, works perfectly fine. Even works great on my old S8+.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Blue mail is the best imo.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Gmail app, you can add any email to it.

been droid and only jumped to Apple and still use gmai.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sorry mate but I’m no Fandroid, I do Crapple.
I will say this though - Outlook is an appropriately named product because I can go OUT and LOOK at other stuff while I wait for it to work properly :-).
There's alternative email apps on crapple as well. I have an iPhone I use for testing and have Outlook and Gmail apps installed on it.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
There's alternative email apps on crapple as well. I have an iPhone I use for testing and have Outlook and Gmail apps installed on it.
I’m cool mobile wise, the native Apple mail app goes OK. Like you I’ve tried heaps of different mail apps and always come back to the native one. There hasn’t been a killer app. My Outlook woes are more corporate. I used to use Apple Mail and Fantasical on Mac and it worked a treat. Then my company got all crazy security policy our way or the highway and forced us to use Outlook whether you’re on Windows (which I refuse, I’m still not over the trauma of Vista from 15 years ago) or Mac. Outlook for Mac is the ranga step-child of Outlook for Windows maybe but it has some serious deficiencies yet my IT department doesn’t seem to know who I think I am :-).

PS: apologies to any red-headed step-children and for derailing a thread about Android apps which whilst I appreciate the support of @2144superman I actually know nothing about.