Opinion What is our GENUINE opinion on baz?

J_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Super impressive sounds like we have a coach that will turn good players into great players. I cant wait to finally see our halves play straight off the dummy half

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I am hopeful, but I was hopeful about Des and look how that went.

So what do I know.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Dunno what to think of his coaching ability yet, time will tell.

I'm mostly glad it's done so the focus can be on getting a few more players and getting ready for next year.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
G.O.A.T in the making, I reckon he will come here an put his stamp on the club and turn our fortunes.!!!

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I’m on the train, but it’s TBaz and not Baz on the kennel. I’m not sharing

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The key to his success apart from developing our juniors would be the second tier players he may attract to the club. Buying quality is priority but the above mentioned are needed to keep everyone motivated and not become complacent.
He has some work ahead of him and hopefully we have struck gold in his appointment. I'm optimistic that we threaten the top 8 next year and once he rids the inherited dead wood, we can then look forward to towards our next premiership window.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
As a young bloke I liked him as a player and coming thru the ranks (not very far though) as an Illawarra junior I had the chance to meet him a few times, was always a genuine bloke from that perspective.
As a coach I'm not 100% sold, he spoke really well on Fox last night and the talk in the media from people like Gould make me more confident in Barrett as a coach.
I think most important is for Barrett to be allowed to bring in his own coaching team, ensuring that he has the right, experienced people around him and a fresh perspective for the players.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I hated him for the fact he was a dragons player in the Era when dogs/saints rivalry in Sydney was at its finest.
Was an awesome player too.

Like the guy based on what I have seen and read..

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
hey Canterbury supporter as a kid and his brother played at the Dog. I'm going to cut him some slack as a result.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Well he's the Coach now so I will back him until I've had enough time to make an informed decision.

At first I was like what the fuk BUT I didn't know what he had done since his Manly stint. When I read that article about going to the All blacks and his attitude while learning there then that impressed me.

When I heard several people say that he is behind Penrith's attack that impressed me.

When I heard that lot's of players rate him that impressed me.

He has apparently been very well mentioned as a footy tactician with new ideas, Gus and Ivan endorsed him.

And then when listening to his 360 interview he sounded and said all the right things.

When he said his Brother played for us, his idol was Terry Lamb and was a supporter growing up, hook line and sinker for me.

For me I'm excited and if he can get a few more signings before next year in the key area's we need and attract the talent then we are looking good.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not sure if he was the right candidate. Not sure how many other coaches were considered or interviewed. Not sure who was behind the decision (was it Lynne, the CEO or Chris Anderson).

Either way the decision is made. And I think he is more tactical then Dean Pay, so can only be a good thing. Lets hope we can surround him with a competitive squad and everything he needs to make us successful. I doubt we will be a championship team by 2023, but as long as we are developing and improving, and as long as we have a nursery of talent coming through thats all we can hope for.

Obviously the better candidates were unavailable, so just hopefully Barrett is more prepared for life as an NRL coach. But the key thing is we need to unite as a club. From players, to fans, to corporate partners, to board. The quicker everyone is on the same page and doing things in the best interest for the club instead of their own interest the better.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Well he's the Coach now so I will back him until I've had enough time to make an informed decision.

At first I was like what the fuk BUT I didn't know what he had done since his Manly stint. When I read that article about going to the All blacks and his attitude while learning there then that impressed me.

When I heard several people say that he is behind Penrith's attack that impressed me.

When I heard that lot's of players rate him that impressed me.

He has apparently been very well mentioned as a footy tactician with new ideas, Gus and Ivan endorsed him.

And then when listening to his 360 interview he sounded and said all the right things.

When he said his Brother played for us, his idol was Terry Lamb and was a supporter growing up, hook line and sinker for me.

For me I'm excited and if he can get a few more signings before next year in the key area's we need and attract the talent then we are looking good.
All we can do hey. Give him the benefit of the doubt. A halves coach and an offence coach and well respected by all accounts.

Been a head coach. Tho that didnt end well he maintained his reputation with the players and went off and learnt and improved his skills.

I hope Dean Pay goes and does the same. That will be the measure of him as a Head Coach as well.

Time will tell. None of us have a crystall ball. I was all for Pay in 2017 when that was announced.

However, I feel more confidence in TBaz getting us outa this hole than what Pay achieved, or was even likely to have achieved with the warchest... so TBaz has my support bcos I want the Bulldogs to be a Top 4 power once again.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
However, I feel more confidence in TBaz getting us outa this hole than what Pay achieved, or was even likely to have achieved with the warchest... so TBaz has my support bcos I want the Bulldogs to be a Top 4 power once again.
TBaz, noice.;)

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I will give him 100% support. But any success he might get will depend on the quality of players that are recruited.
He wouldnt have much success with the squad that Pay had. We really need an intimidating front row forward to give us
the go forward we have been lacking.

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
I don't rate him at all, I understand there weren't many other coaches available on the open market but surely we could have waited rather than make an impulse signing like this.

I don't see him guiding us to a premiership. I predict another two or three years in the wilderness and he may transition us thereafter to top 8 contender.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
I back him 100% I definitely have more confidence in him than Pay. Plus I feel like leaning toward more of an attacking coach is just what we need. I’m more excited about who he’s bringing over with him tbh haha

Malla

Reaction score
I don't rate him at all, I understand there weren't many other coaches available on the open market but surely we could have waited rather than make an impulse signing like this.

I don't see him guiding us to a premiership. I predict another two or three years in the wilderness and he may transition us thereafter to top 8 contender.
You don't rate what he did with Manly and how he restructured their roster from the mess Des left it in?

Des is amazing at what he does from a coaching stand point, but from managing a roster he is atrocious. Need the right balance.

What Baz needs is a good team of assistant coaches with him.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
TBaz is gonna TBag the competition once he gets the team firing on all cylinders.