Opinion What is EGLER?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Ok. Are you the chick in your avatar?
*David Attenborough voice*
"Moving silently through the tall grasslands of the African serengeti, the male lion moves slowly and observes from a distance, knowing that when animals move to the water hole they would be easier to approach."

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
*David Attenborough voice*
"Moving silently through the tall grasslands of the African serengeti, the male lion moves slowly and observes from a distance, knowing that when animals move to the water hole they would be easier to approach."

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep. I can endorse Kayo.

For anyone interested, here is a bit of info

$25 p/month. Its Foxsports streamed. Additionally, you can watch replays / on demand.

No lock in contracts

Its all HD, but will need a Chromecast ($50) and a reliable unlimited internet connection.

Only issues i have experienced is on Saturday evenings in prime time when streaming quality goes from HD to shitHD every now and then. Was only launched in Jan this year so i presume this will be fixed soon.

Got the shits with Paying $95 month for Fox so canned it
I love it too. Signed up a month or so ago. Even when I'm using my data the quality is good and doesnt glitch at all really.
Been loving that I'm able to watch NBA playoffs atm too!!!

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
EVERY GAME LIVE EVERY ROUND - Fox's latest attempt to sink Kayo which has been way too successful at the expense of Foxtel?
Kayo is owned by Fox.......

Madgic

New Pup
Reaction score
Kayo is owned by Fox.......
Let me put it simply so you understand; we had Foxtel at $58 a month; now we have Kayo at $25 a month - so Fox have lost $33 a month multiplied by however many people really only had Foxtel for the football. It's costing them a fortune! EGLER is their attempt to claw back some of the money they've lost by introducing Kayo.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
"EGLER" is a weak attempt by some wanker millennial with a man bun and a degree in marketing to create a catchword that will con the rugby league public into loosening their wallets, nothing more nothing less!

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Let me put it simply so you understand; we had Foxtel at $58 a month; now we have Kayo at $25 a month - so Fox have lost $33 a month multiplied by however many people really only had Foxtel for the football. It's costing them a fortune! EGLER is their attempt to claw back some of the money they've lost by introducing Kayo.
I have neither and I do not care. Illegal streams.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Most people don't just have Foxtel for Rugby League.

Many would have it for Formula 1, or the other great exclusive shows. Game of Thrones and Chernobyl exclusives alone would have got them a shitload of signups.

Banned
Reaction score
I've heard there is a max4000 that you get from those indian shops $399 initial cost but after that is $80 a year for every sport you can think of plus I have heard you can stream like netflix.
A what?
Indiandog able to hook us all up with a deal?

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Get Foxtel Now.
Go halves with someone else and you can stream it on 5 devices (only 2 devices simultaneously)

Find a $50 deal with Basic channels plus sports and only pay half.
Works out to about the same price as Kayo this way.
It's good because of On Demand. You get bored of Nextflix and have more options to browse through movies on Foxtel.