What if?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I could be wrong but, the rumours are that Maloney has signed with Newcastle??
They've announced they have signed Watson yesterday, to go with Ese Ese, Ponga, SKD, Guerra and another Bronco whose name I forget. They still have Hokko and Buhrer who wouldn't be cheap. So, with all the young talent they have coming through and given Maloney has knocked back $700 already it might be a bit hard to fit in.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Even if we get cronk i want des gone ,hes taken our identity from us

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They've announced they have signed Watson yesterday, to go with Ese Ese, Ponga, SKD, Guerra and another Bronco whose name I forget. They still have Hokko and Buhrer who wouldn't be cheap. So, with all the young talent they have coming through and given Maloney has knocked back $700 already it might be a bit hard to fit in.
I am pretty sure that just prior to the Super Saturday game during the preview they put up list of players up who will be part of the Newcastle roster for 2018 and I noticed Maloney's name on the list. Noticed Watson too!! maybe it was Newcastle's wish list being discussed or we maybe commenting during the cooling off period who know's but definitely saw Maloneys name up there.
Maybe someone else on this Forum noticed it too??

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think it was Ese Ese who is the Bronco's player who has signed with them but not sure of anyone else from the bronco's.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You get a sombrero! And you get a sombrero! And you get a sombrero! And you! And you! And...no sorry dogs, you get a skull cap

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure that just prior to the Super Saturday game during the preview they put up list of players up who will be part of the Newcastle roster for 2018 and I noticed Maloney's name on the list. Noticed Watson too!! maybe it was Newcastle's wish list being discussed or we maybe commenting during the cooling off period who know's but definitely saw Maloneys name up there.
That list was a potential team of players signed/rumored ,maloney will only be released if they get a suitable replacement like cronk

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Sorry didn't see the list but did hear them talking about Watson and someone posted an official announcement about him this morning on TK.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Moga is the other bronco knights gone hard for

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Maloney is earning $450k at Cronulla, don't think Hasler is interested in Him and he wants $1 mil.
Wow, that is massive unders! Well done to the Sharks if that's the case. I too recently heard a whisper he could be off to the Knights..

I think if Melbourne win the competition Cronk will retire. If they fall short, he may look to extend his career and he's a chance at the Bulldogs snaring his signature for 1-2 years.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Wow, that is massive unders! Well done to the Sharks if that's the case. I too recently heard a whisper he could be off to the Knights..

I think if Melbourne win the competition Cronk will retire. If they fall short, he may look to extend his career and he's a chance at the Bulldogs snaring his signature for 1-2 years.
I think Maloney is currently on over $600k and is looking for the kind of money they are throwing at Hunt, which is fair. The one I couldn't believe is Gagai and how much the Rabbits threw at him. He was already on $600k with Knights, they offered him an upgrade and it wasn't enough!!

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This is from Zero Tackle...

"Originally thought to be three years, Gagai landed a four-year deal with the Rabbitohs, expected to be in excess of $2.1 million, around $600,000 a year."

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
This is from Zero Tackle...

"Originally thought to be three years, Gagai landed a four-year deal with the Rabbitohs, expected to be in excess of $2.1 million, around $600,000 a year."
Well Brownie said that they offered him an upgrade (he was already on $600k) but couldn't justify the money the Rabbits offered him. So make of it what you will but it certainly is in excess of $2.1m. Sounds more like $3.1m to me.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well Brownie said that they offered him an upgrade (he was already on $600k) but couldn't justify the money the Rabbits offered him. So make of it what you will but it certainly is in excess of $2.1m. Sounds more like $3.1m to me.
Anything more than $600K would be crazy money for a winger/centre unless they are thinking of throwing him in at fullback and pushing Inglis to #6.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Anything more than $600K would be crazy money for a winger/centre unless they are thinking of throwing him in at fullback and pushing Inglis to #6.
I think that was the point Brownie was trying to make. They couldn't justify the money for that position and so let him go. Rabbits I think don't expect Inglis to come back or if he does not for long.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

The problem with that is if Melbourne doesn't win the comp then no-one has any money left in their cap / sombrero!

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Probably like the Bulldogs & Brett Morris!

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Probably like the Bulldogs & Brett Morris!
Except we bought him to be FB and then he busted his knee in about round 5 the first year and hasn't been able to play there since.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Except we bought him to be FB and then he busted his knee in about round 5 the first year and hasn't been able to play there since.
Yeah but the difference is that we bought BMoz knowing he was struggling with his knees and was towards the end of his career.
Gagai on the other hand is younger and playing his best at the moment.

Another Desaster master coaching move.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah but the difference is that we bought BMoz knowing he was struggling with his knees and was towards the end of his career.
Gagai on the other hand is younger and playing his best at the moment.

Another Desaster master coaching move.
BMoz was 28 when he first played for us, Gagai will be 27 when he plays for the Rabbits. so you are saying he only has a year in him before he starts to slide? He had a problem with his shoulder predominately. He did his knee when he took a piece out of Brookvale Oval playing for us as a FB and was never the same when he came back. Sadly lots of great players get injured and their career is either over or curtailed. BMoz was one of them, but that had nothing to do with his recruitment. Simple as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.