What has happened with Hopoate

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
He was the best player at the club in 2018 & 2019.
Even last season he topped the club's Dally M votes even though injured for 10 rounds.
This season however not good.
But point is you have a short memory!
Being the best player at the club in 2018/2019 isn't really an achievement.

I remember watching him play for Tonga and many commenting, "Why doesn't he play like this for us?"

I should point out that I'm certainly not saying Hoppa was a bad player at any stage. He was just average with the occasional great game.

Last edited:

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Player swap for a hooker? Mid year swap would be good. Hello Daryl Clarke!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He has never been that great. He puts on first class performances while playing for his country. For the Bulldogs he has a few good games here and there, and a ton of average games. He's never been a superstar for us.
He was our best player 3 years ago and was very good for us at the back. I’m
Not sure if he’s too old or is mentally shot after being told his time is up with us.
But it’s not fair to say he’s never been good for us. He has been great at times.

That ship has now sailed, but he deserves credit for the good years he had with us.

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think Hoppa is an example of how a losing culture takes the edge off players. But in Hoppas case all his other skills seems to have left him. He offers absolutely zero in attack and still does the hop and jump thing before bringing the ball out from our line and too make matters worse he is now getting dominated and pushed back in tackles

He is the product of a losing culture and he's not alone. I'd be happy for all 15 off contract to be let go and 15 new players brought in to help get rid of that losing mindset

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Being the best player at the club in 2018/2019 isn't really an achievement.

I remember watching him play for Tonga and many commenting, "Why doesn't he play like this for us?"

I should point out that I'm certainly not saying Hoppa was a bad player at any stage. He was just average with the occasional great game.
Fair comment.

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No one has the fear of being dropped. Seriously he should be dropped after the last few performances.