What has happened to Josh Jackson?

Northern Beaches dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love the guy, but i cannot even describe what has happened to him.

On offense he does not bend the line. Under Des, he had a little bit of ball playing on that right edge, now that is gone. He blew a simple 2 on 1 last night from a bomb last night.

On defense he seems to be missing tackles and gets beaten easily.

Thoughts?

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He honestly looks past his prime watching him in person last night. Its as if he doesn't belong in today's game especially with the rule changes. Out of his depth

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The responsibility of captaincy off the field has drained his soul. Seeing experienced players moved on, the port M scandal, Covid, trying to stay “up” all the time and be “positive” in a shi* show. Bloke looks depressed. I think if we get a new coach, some new players and perhaps put Hoppa as captain next season we might see Jackson come back into good form. Here’s hoping ...

The Jerker

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lost whatever impact he had offensively, and is now just an average defender.

Northern Beaches dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The responsibility of captaincy off the field has drained his soul. Seeing experienced players moved on, the port M scandal, Covid, trying to stay “up” all the time and be “positive” in a shi* show. Bloke looks depressed. I think if we get a new coach, some new players and perhaps put Hoppa as captain next season we might see Jackson come back into good form. Here’s hoping ...
I agree, it looks like he has no life in him on the field.

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
totally agree. Take the captaincy off him and tell him to just go play. Trying to get some of these plodders to fire would be draining.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He has definitely been a great player for many years, however the last few has had an impact an doesn’t have the impact he once used to either, a little past it to be honest, but with a clean out an some fresh faces, new approach, we may see it again.. who knows. Bid change is needed, and NOW, That’s for damn sure .. !!!

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
totally agree. Take the captaincy off him and tell him to just go play. Trying to get some of these plodders to fire would be draining.
We should make his role nice and simple

Run hard tackle hard lolllll

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Never thought I’d say this, but he’s become a plodder

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He might be carrying a few niggling injuries
Let’s hope we see a better version next year with a new coach running the ship.
Still has 3 long seasons to go.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Jackson imo has always been overrated, then when you combine things like playing out of position, playing in a shit environment for years, playing injured, etc you end up with this. Fucking spewing the idiots at the club gave him a fat contract extension.

Wyzguy

Bulldog Tragic
Reaction score
Jacko is trying his heart out
He looks like he has the weight of the world on his shoulders which is really sad . He is understandably under alot of stress - leading a team that is not performing well is tough going

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Jacko is trying his heart out
He looks like he has the weight of the world on his shoulders which is really sad . He is understandably under alot of stress - leading a team that is not performing well is tough going
He is mentally spent. If he is to get back to what he is undoubtedly capable of he needs a reduction in stress and a lot more support.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Let's be honest, if you were starting a team from scratch, he'd be one of the last starting second rowers you'd pick.

Three more years of these performances on that huge salary is a scary thought.

bells76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
the captaincy has nothing to do with it, Jackson has always played above his weight and used to be a good hole runner who was a tackling machine. Now he's in the twighlight and playing in a turgid team he looks like he's hopeless.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love the guy, but i cannot even describe what has happened to him.

On offense he does not bend the line. Under Des, he had a little bit of ball playing on that right edge, now that is gone. He blew a simple 2 on 1 last night from a bomb last night.

On defense he seems to be missing tackles and gets beaten easily.

Thoughts?
Game Plan and coach!

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
age and having to carry this team has cooked him, hes done and finished

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He is no longer suited to the backrow / the edge - he would be ok playing as amiddle forward for 50 minutes - similar to Finucane, MacInnes etc