What happens?

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
During the preseason there was a lot of positive vibes coming out of playing group and coaching staff, We all know what happened last weekend. Again this week in the media there has been a lot of positive talk a lot of owning up on performance and attitude which is great but if we lose again or for that matter lose big again what happens? What else can the coaching staff say? What else can the players say?.... we need a big performance this week other wise I’m not sure they will come back mentally

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
During the preseason there was a lot of positive vibes coming out of playing group and coaching staff, We all know what happened last weekend. Again this week in the media there has been a lot of positive talk a lot of owning up on performance and attitude which is great but if we lose again or for that matter lose big again what happens? What else can the coaching staff say? What else can the players say?.... we need a big performance this week other wise I’m not sure they will come back mentally
That's when you make changes, bring in some guys that are fresh, not burned by the past couple of games, eager to cement their spots. We have plenty of options, whilst not in any way suggesting that the options are demonstrably better. The new guys also help to refresh the guys that are still there and the guys dropped have the extra motivated to get back to where they were. The downside is you lose the combinations that have built up in the pre season. So you need to be sure, really sure, that it's necessary.

Go Dogs

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
We walked into an ambush last weekend, the warriors had Christchurch as a massive motivator. Most of the teams that ran around last weekend would have lost to them IMO. Yes far from ideal for us and a smashing always hurts the confidence on a phycological level. We will see if it's a quick response or a slow one from our boys on Sunday. I'm not that concerned at the moment tbh, if we lose another 2 or 3 in terrible fashion then I will know we have nothing.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That's when you pull a Ricky Stuart and sack half your team. Players have had it too good at the club for too long now.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
That’s also why after game one you take some deadwood out and replace them with young guys starting out, who are hungry to make the most of the chance and nail down a spot !!!! Gives an insight If nothing else.. could be very surprising.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's when you pull a Ricky Stuart and sack half your team. Players have had it too good at the club for too long now.
And then swap clubs the following year before the rebuild starts haha good old Sticky...
I think we bounce back this week .
Bulldogs 40 .Parra 6

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I get there will have to be changes but it will be a shocking look again after all the talk

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it shows Pay believes in the team he has selected. And his given the players the opportunity to prove all the criticism wrong.

But if they show another pathetic effort, then Pay has to acknowledge he got it wrong and make some changes.

I think after Sunday's game we can either look forward to the win or some decent changes to the team in the following TLT.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pay has given the guys a chance to redeem themselves this week. If we lose badly again he must drop guys and he has been saying all offseason that there is ligimate competition for places in the side.

Any player dropped does not get back into a winning side...so if the teams winning with new guys you stay in Reggie’s....that’s the message the guys have to get

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we can't beat last years wooden spooners with a couple of their better players missing while we are at "full strength" then I will have well and truly lost any faith I had in this team and all the pre-season talk was just wank. I like what one of the guys on NRL360 said, there's only one thing worst than no hope and that's false hope

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If we can't beat last years wooden spooners with a couple of their better players missing while we are at "full strength" then I will have well and truly lost any faith I had in this team and all the pre-season talk was just wank. I like what one of the guys on NRL360 said, there's only one thing worst than no hope and that's false hope
Post of the week