What happened to good old arcade games?

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I used to use Ken. Now I use Cammy. I let the opposing players admire her beautiful cartoon ass while I beat the shit out of them with her!

View attachment 8348
Damn the Japs are so rayciss.
Why do they always depict white westerner as blonde with big blue puck eye?

Not all white people are blonde with blue puck eyes!

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wait what... so you can upgrade the SNES classic with MORE games???
Yes of course you can. Mine has over 100 of my selected games. You could fit 300 games on it but i didnt want to litter it with rubbish. Lucky if there is 100 games worthy.

Takes me 5 mins to do it

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yes of course you can. Mine has over 100 of my selected games. You could fit 300 games on it but i didnt want to litter it with rubbish. Lucky if there is 100 games worthy.

Takes me 5 mins to do it
What's it running a Raspberry Pi style setup or something? Or are the games on there but hardware locked?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's it running a Raspberry Pi style setup or something? Or are the games on there but hardware locked?
Need to flash the rom. Then just drag games on using your computer. But have to download the games and title graphics first

Presents exactly as per snes classic but just more games to choose.

If you want more detail pm me and ill provide

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Street Fighter 2 is still my favourite game of all time, can still play it for hours
I was the self proclaimed champ as a kid. I'd select Mbison and frustrate my friends by sliding from start to finish.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I was the self proclaimed champ as a kid. I'd select Mbison and frustrate my friends by sliding from start to finish.
I was rubbish at Streetfighter but try playing me in Mortal Kombat as Sub Zero - Freeze, Uppercut, Slide kick, Freeze, Uppercut, Slide kick

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
One of my favourite arcade games when I was a kid was Willow (game based on the excellent movie)

When I ended up playing an emulated version of it many years later it didn't take me long to realise that the game is purely designed to be damn near impossible so it forces you to insert more coins. Not just old school game impossible. There's parts where you cannot pass until you've died a few times and inserted more coins, then it'll let you pass.

Classic arcade capitalism was the best capitalism because no one realised they were being robbed.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
That said, ofcourse some insane player managed to do it on one coin

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Talking about Mortal Kombat...wonder if the reboot is going to be any good?

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
My first job out of high school was building arcade games. Double Dragon 2 and others.
Wed try and finish repairs on pinball machines or any other arcade games so we could play em during lunch.
I was never big into games, was just a cool job.
I wish I still had my cocktail table.
I bought one of those capcom boards about 2 years ago from China with 50 games on it. I dont like the new cocktal tables with LCD's/PC with 1000's of games.
I prefer old CRT with bleed for the primitive graphics for Galaga, 1942 etc.
I still havent built a table yet, its on this list of another 1000 projects Ill probably never get to.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I used to love Galaga back in the day

Last edited: