The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
That said, ofcourse some insane player managed to do it on one coin

Fast forward to 2:25. "Kano wins. You fucken beauty!"

I don't think Kano was Aussie yet they made him Aussie in this movie :sleepy:

Wahesh

Reaction score
Talking about Mortal Kombat...wonder if the reboot is going to be any good?
Wow, that actually looks like a good classic arcade style platformer. I can't believe I never heard of that before.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fast forward to 2:25. "Kano wins. You fucken beauty!"

I don't think Kano was Aussie yet they made him Aussie in this movie :sleepy:

Yeah, it was actually accurate to the game. The original synopsis got Kano from the original game was that Kano was an Australian criminal and member of the black dragon who is constantly hunted by Sonya Blade and Jax.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fuck I fed some money into Daytona at timezone. I can still walk you through the gear changes on the advanced track
Daytonaaaaaaa. Same here, I used to love going to the arcade as a youngster. Daytona, Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, NBA Jam just to name some that I religiously played.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I used to love Galaga
When I was kid..legend has it that there was a way to stop them shooting bullets.. Did you ever hear that?

Actually here the trick!

Last edited:

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Daytonaaaaaaa. Same here, I used to love going to the arcade as a youngster. Daytona, Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, NBA Jam just to name some that I religiously played.
Virtua tennis and Daytona were my go to games

Wahesh

Reaction score
I remember there were racing car/bike games you would play where you would actually sit in a car seat or on a small bike and play against other people on sitting alongside you lol. That was at Intensity in Parramatta and also the bowling alley in Darling Harbour. I'm going back a few years though - Intensity in Parramatta is no longer there.

Arcades are rare in Sydney but whatever ones you do find are hidden gems. I think you'll still find them in bowling alleys though. There's also one in Market City in the CBD on the top floor (Timezone).

They are still HUGE in Japan though. It's infused in their culture. My mate went to Japan a few years ago and he said there were people lining up outside video rental stores still. It's a cultural thing whereas here we take things for granted.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Virtua tennis and Daytona were my go to games
I remember at Timezone in Campsie, everyone used to crowd around the Daytona USA machine watching the gameplay like hawks wanting to be the next one on.

1619588542592.png

Wahesh

Reaction score
Speaking of Timezone, it was such a big hangout, that people used to jig school to go there. I remember once we went to school for an athletics support carnival that was cancelled due to rain, so we were sent home basically as soon as the school busy dropped us off :tearsofjoy: so we caught the public bus back to go home but attempted to drop into Timezone to kill a few hours on the way. The manager saw that we were in school uniform and told us to leave. They even had a sign up that school children aren't allowed to enter during school hours.

Then there was Lahoods in Campsie. In the front you would see stacks of Arcade machines. I'm not sure if Daytona was one of them, but there were heaps. At the back however is where the bad stuff happened - gambling, drug dealing etc...