What friday night means for the club

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sharpy

SBW is playing injured and Moloney can't carry the team indefinitely. Their right side defence is woeful. Any decent attacking team will run a muck on that side.

I'm prepared to write off the Rorters this early in the season.
That's a big call IMO , I hope you are right , hate the chooks.
sbw is always injury prone but so far he has been great

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
That's a big call IMO , I hope you are right , hate the chooks.
sbw is always injury prone but so far he has been great
Have you seen him play the last few rounds though? He has gone from highly involved to practically the invisible man....he definitely didn't look fully fit to me on Friday

Old Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is only two things we can get out of friday night and those are, points and confidence. Either way we will most likely see manly again before or at the GF so if we win we can use that for confidence when we play them again and at this stage the 2 points is more important than anything!
That summarises it perfectly.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tough test but it will tell us where we are. Our defence needs to be great. Attack will follow.

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
JEWSTERS (roosters) think have only played 2 top 8 sides.manly they just beat (shit game) and storm towelled them up at alliance stadium..first 7 rounds we played the top 5 or 6 teams minus nearly half a team...so in saying this,I think we will over take the JEWSTERS end of season...I HOPE ANYWAY LOL
lol jewsters , and we go off when we are called bullwogs

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
For mine a friday win means us as group an opportunity to re establish our hard working defence which frustrated many teams before, but requires firstly to secure the 2points.

Completion rate must be a priority, kicking game with a strong chase to ensure we win the middle third and again force Manly to score from their own half as much possible. I see the forward exchange determining the result (stop brenton lawrence this time)..

This factor more than any other potential ref errors, however i would hope they keep the sea eagles back their ten on our 1st - 3rd tackles as i noticed they were allowed to be offisde consistantly last time we played them before getting back the ten for tackles 4 and 5..

A win in a hostile enviroment will be very compelling in belief as a group that we have turned the corner this year. lets see what transpires and Im confident our boys will prevail.

B

bulldogs_fan_69

Massive test. If we step up and win it'll do wonders for our confidence as we haven't really beaten anyone good yet. I can't see us beating the roosters if we don't win on Friday.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Massive test. If we step up and win it'll do wonders for our confidence as we haven't really beaten anyone good yet. I can't see us beating the roosters if we don't win on Friday.
Roosters will be minus Pearce, Maloney, Jennings.

Will be minus Reynolds, Morris and maybe Barba/Ennis (hopefully not)

pupii

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
SBW is playing injured and Moloney can't carry the team indefinitely. Their right side defence is woeful. Any decent attacking team will run a muck on that side.

I'm prepared to write off the Rorters this early in the season.
They have the best defence in the comp. If their defence sucks then what hope do the doggies have.

outoforder

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
A win this week would entrench our position in the top 8, given that most teams playing at home this week will be favourites. As a result we're likely to develop a 4 point lead over teams 9th onwards.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
dogs should win this one. manly are out of form and backing up from game on sunday in NZ. they are missing b stewart we are full strength. Dogs good value here

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
I think this will be a tough one at Brookvale for us. Definitely winnable but our performances have been scrappy at best. We have lifted in the past and if we do lift and win this it will set us up for the season. If we lose its back to the week to week grind.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Why oh why is my brother in law having a family birthday on Friday night? They had better let me watch the game!

We will smash Manky.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why oh why is my brother in law having a family birthday on Friday night? They had better let me watch the game!

We will smash Manky.
BBQ & a few beers in the backyard with the TV on. Thats how I would do it!

tezza1

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Short and sweet. We will win Friday night

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
manly is one of the better performed side in the comp, if we were to beat them and a couple of the other berrer sides I would say we were on the way back, sadly I think we are lacking the ability to score points, and to hold out a fast playing team like manly or rabbits.

want to see how our halves compare to dce and foran, compare styles and stats at the end of the game
our centres wingers fullback and forwards are on par with manly, the only real difference is out halves, Reynolds is class, but see how hodko goes against a good team

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
Will be the equivalent of the Battle of Gettysburg 1863 .....................................

With the winners again wearing blue

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
Will be the equivalent of the Battle of Gettysburg 1863 .....................................

With the winners again wearing blue

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
BBQ & a few beers in the backyard with the TV on. Thats how I would do it!
The big issue is that they initially wanted to do the family dinner on Sat, but I stupidly informed them the Sharks were playing that night (that is who he supports). When I did this I totally did not think to look at when we were playing.

So then they moved the family dinner to Fri, and I have to go over again on Sat to have the BBQ/Footy thing while the Sharks play. He also does not have Foxtel and has requested I bring my laptop to get a stream going online.

I will be requesting the Dogs game be on in the background on Fri and their dining table is in the loungeroom so here's hoping!
THE THINGS I DO FOR FAMILY.

Status
Not open for further replies.