What Dogs want before signing sacked Dragon; Pangai ‘can’t make up his mind’

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If TPJ can't make up mind that tells me Tigers were going to get him but now Gould has joined us he's probably thinking of going the other way. I think we'll get him now.
I hope you're right. I hope it's not that Gould has us going cold on signing TPJ. Does anyone know if Gould seems to be a fan of TPJ or not when in commentary on Broncos games ?

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If TPJ can't make up mind that tells me Tigers were going to get him but now Gould has joined us he's probably thinking of going the other way. I think we'll get him now.
If he goes to Tigers he'll be able to take it easy and hang with a few mates, put in a bit of effort now and then, but never really amount to much with the rest of his career. If he comes to us he'll have to work hard but will have the chance to be part of something.

Pretty tough decision, no wonder its taking him a while.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Never really heard him talk different perspective of him

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If you are Paul Vaughan you've got to be questioning how a player accused of rape waiting two years for trial can still be employed by the club, while you host a bbq with players you train with every week and earn a sacking for it. raises a massive issue of double standards in my mind.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We are so getting both...

Just imagine Gould somehow convinces Bellamy to take a forward for Smith,

We are so good to go in 2022.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bronx did him dirty. That’s why I hope he comes to us with something to prove.
Yup. They pretty much caught him off guard by telling him before the match. Now they want to retain him, i'd give them the bird and move on.

Mitchellmoses

Banned
Reaction score
dogs want to sign pang but he can't make up my mind I say hey tevita you need to make a decision bro if not we save money for kikau or Crichton next year

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are Paul Vaughan you've got to be questioning how a player accused of rape waiting two years for trial can still be employed by the club, while you host a bbq with players you train with every week and earn a sacking for it. raises a massive issue of double standards in my mind.
to be fair, De Belin has the presumption of innocence and was not ultimately convicted... however, the fact that after such loyalty from the Dragons, De Belin attended said BBQ and was not subsequently sacked though indicates to me that the Dragons wanted Vaughn's $800K a season wage off their books

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
to be fair, De Belin has the presumption of innocence and was not ultimately convicted... however, the fact that after such loyalty from the Dragons, De Belin attended said BBQ and was not subsequently sacked though indicates to me that the Dragons wanted Vaughn's $800K a season wage off their books
You can't blame them. Vaughan isn't worth anything near 800k. They just needed an excuse to sack him.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can't blame them. Vaughan isn't worth anything near 800k. They just needed an excuse to sack him.
fair... but that question should at least be put to the Dragons club instead of them just being allowed to prance around as community conscious unchallenged

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
fair... but that question should at least be put to the Dragons club instead of them just being allowed to prance around as community conscious unchallenged
I've seen a few people in the media (specifically on NRL 360) throw it up as the reason why he got sacked.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope you're right. I hope it's not that Gould has us going cold on signing TPJ. Does anyone know if Gould seems to be a fan of TPJ or not when in commentary on Broncos games ?
If my memory serves me correctly like most commentators he seemed to always talk about their great talented youngsters mainly the forwards, but their halves not doing enough for the team.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What Dogs want before signing sacked Dragon; Pangai ‘can’t make up his mind’: Transfer Whispers
Manly defeat Dragons without DCE & Turbo

Manly defeat Dragons without DCE & Turbo | 02:12
Staff Writers from Fox Sports
July 17th, 2021 4:02 pm
Canterbury is set to sign sacked Dragons prop Paul Vaughan, but the Bulldogs have asked the NRL for clarity over an eight-week suspension hanging over the player’s head before they commit fully.
Vaughan was sacked on the spot by St George Illawarra last week after breaching NSW Police orders and NRL Covid protocols by hosting a party with a dozen Red V teammates.
His $800,000 contract was torn up immediately, but it appears he won’t be unemployed for long.

The Australian journalist Brent Read says Vaughan will be given a lifeline by the Dogs.
But there’s a sticking point. Vaughan has been handed a two-month ban by the NRL, which can’t be served while he’s not a contracted player.

“The issue there is the Dogs are waiting for some clarity from the integrity unit about how it will play out once they do sign him,” Read told Triple M radio on Saturday.
“They could sign him now, he would serve his suspension out, but they would have to pay him.
‘Wild Wests: Tales from Tiger Town’ premieres on Fox League, FOX8 and Kayo on Monday, July 19 at 7.30pm.

Madge breaks down following Tigers loss

Madge breaks down following Tigers loss | 01:25

“They’ve got to work out with the integrity unit what they would be paying him given he won’t be playing, what would be a legitimate payment, what would be a legitimate contract.

“I think they want to get some clarity around how the suspension would play out if they signed him now, how it would play out if they signed him for the start of next year, whether they would avoid having to pay him this year, that serves his suspension and then he comes back next year and the ban is served. That’s what Canterbury is trying to establish.”

Sloan dazzles in space

Sloan dazzles in space | 00:30

CLUBS WAITING ON BRONCOS BAD BOY
Tevita Pangai Jr has a number of options on the table but he’s yet to make a decision on his future, according to Brent Read.
The Broncos initially told the fiery forward he was free to leave Red Hill, but it’s now reported Brisbane is prepared to keep him on the books next year if he decides to stay.
But it’s looking likely he won’t, and instead has two Sydney clubs fighting for his services.
The Tigers and Bulldogs have offers on the table for Pangai and Read says he was expected to make a decision by Saturday, but that didn’t happen.
“Tevita Pangai is an interesting one. The Tigers and Canterbury are obviously vying for Tevita, everyone expected a decision on Friday,” Read said.
MORE NRL NEWS
MILFORD: The top contenders for Broncos playmaker’s signature
BIG DOG: Gould quits Warriors role as Canterbury pounce to land club legend

Foran finishes magical Manly try

Foran finishes magical Manly try | 00:36

“It didn’t come. They’ve been bracing for a decision today. Last time I spoke to the Tigers, Canterbury, and Brisbane, they were all still waiting for Tevita to make a call.
“As it stands right now we’re still waiting on Tevita. I think there’s a genuine level of frustration from the Tigers and Canterbury that they haven’t heard yet.
“Not to the point where they’re pulling out, they are still biding their time and waiting to get something out of Tevita.
“I’m told Tevita is flipping and flopping, he can’t make up his mind.”
The news on Friday that Phil Gould has joined Canterbury in a head of football role could ultimately sway Pangai one way or the other.
“I don’t think Gus (Gould) as got anything to do with it... Tevita and his camp weren’t aware of that,” Read said.
But he went on to say that will now be factored into the decision.

Phil Gould: New Bulldogs General Manager

Phil Gould: New Bulldogs General Manager | 01:30

Sloan dazzles in space | 00:30
The Vaughan thing is an interesting one. He was handed a breach notice of a "proposed" 8 game suspension. Did he cop to that BEFORE he was sacked by the Dragons? If he is sacked does that affect the breach notice? If he has to serve the 8 games after a new contract, could that be legally challenged on the basis that he was punished twice?