What do you fellas think about a Kennel Podcast??

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Not my idea but a brilliant one. Check this thread:

http://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/index.php?threads/old-school-kennelers.101790/

A couple of out well know members have shown some interest in commentating a game. I don't know how these things work but if we could set this up for even just one or two games whether it be live through some sort of Internet app (I'm sure you can do that now) or just a podcast that is synced with the game. I know these things are way easier said than actually organised but yeah I thought it was a cracker of an idea as a punter that doesn't have to do a thing to make it happen.

Ps feel free to do a Castle on this suggesting and Take it on board...

Cheers boys.

Nash

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
@N4TE If you could record something each week, we'll put it up for you on the site. Even if you're not that keen to do it yourself, I think once you start, others might volunteer to do more.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Ok this is what I think. A podcast is fine, perhaps like a modern-day version of The Kennel Radio right? BUT... let's also create a Kennel YouTube page and upload the podcast onto it afterwards. Also, create a special thread before each podcast allowing us to submit questions/suggestions about the club and/or website, NRL, heck even social issues, anything really, to make it interesting. What do you think?

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I want an Assassin and SoH run podcast, all we will hear is *bleep* *bleep**bleep**bleep* Bulldogs, and what the *bleep**bleep**bleeping* did Reynolds, and *bleep* Des in the *bleep**bleep*.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
There is quite a few streaming podcast(esque) applications out there. Ideally you want it to be live, which means you need the PC near the TV in order to commentate.

Could be confusing at first, but also a real laugh.

Nash

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
There are a few podcast hosting places better that would work better than youtube. In any case, we can definitely make a thread to go behind each podcast and whoever is presenting can work from it and use the rest of the forum, as well as general footy issues.

It'll be our Kennel footy show of sorts. It could be live, but doesn't need to be.

Multiple people can host the podcast and record it using Skype.

If a single person is doing it, there many apps you can use to record the podcast and we'll host it here.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A weekly podcast would be great, it would probably work better if it was pre-recorded and posted in a thread.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I always wanted to do a Joe Rogan fight companion style podcast where my mates and I get lit and do a podcast during a game but much like JRE it would contain minimal football talk

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm glad I was able to make thread that got a good idea going!
Btw if we do a podcast can we make it like the drunken peasants on YouTube?
Those guys are pretty funny I usually the laugh the same time they do

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
A weekly podcast would be great, it would probably work better if it was pre-recorded and posted in a thread.
Try and interview a player each week, and a Kennel member

Nash

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Just dont fake interviews with players. #bluenwhite

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Because eventually ....

What was strange there is he had sponsors (apparently) too.. I wonder if legal action was involved, because the site was there one minute and gone the next.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
We need to find fruit loops on the interwebz which have gone viral and have a panel of 2-4 people to act on it!
I'm envisioning making it a politically incorrect version of the project.
We need a cynical and eccentric personality on the panel and I'm nominating myself for that one.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh just one more thing.
I don't want to be spending too much time on the transgender bathroom issue!
Everyone knows issues such as transgender bathrooms, same sex marriage and marijuana legalisation are merely smoke screens for much more important issues.

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interview Steve Turner every week as representative of the players. Steve can also pass back to the club the changing sentiment of the kennellers

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
There are a few podcast hosting places better that would work better than youtube. In any case, we can definitely make a thread to go behind each podcast and whoever is presenting can work from it and use the rest of the forum, as well as general footy issues.

It'll be our Kennel footy show of sorts. It could be live, but doesn't need to be.

Multiple people can host the podcast and record it using Skype.

If a single person is doing it, there many apps you can use to record the podcast and we'll host it here.
Perhaps, but lets at least have it uploaded to YouTube as well - it's the worlds #1 media streaming website. First thing is first, we'll need a Kennel YouTube account. @Nash are you supportive of my suggestion?