What do salesman actually do for a job?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are salesman really just an added expense or do they do anything?

Usually a customer if they need something will call and engage a company for a service, attend a shop etc.. this is an organic process and would happen with or without sales people

So what are salesman doing? Trying to convince someone who doesnt need something that they actually do need it?

if something has to be aggressively sold is it any good to start with? Otherwise people would sniff out a good deal, no need to dress it up to fool someone

real estate, there is the house and there is the price, why do we need a middleman between buyer and seller?

does coles need a salesman? The customer comes in to find what they want.

if a salesman leaves one job to join a competitor, suddenly the competitor product is better? They just have to lie? Last week this product was better, this week forget what I said last week, the competitor is better?

or used car salesman, there is an old bomb with 200,000km, nah 200,000km is nothing for these cars like new, then when the buyer comes back with all the problems the salesman tells them to f&$k off

isnt the role of a salesman to oversell something that’s not really good enough to attract the customer?

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Haven't you done this thread before?

Need to step up your game bluey

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Like Commie spin doctors should sell cars,

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’m pretty passionate about the idea of “sales people”. It’s a position in a company that is complete horseshit. Every single person in the world is a “sales person”. We do it every day in some fashion in our lives. There’s no trade or degree that makes someone a salesman…

In most industries, people want to buy from someone who isn’t trying to sell them a product, but more so a solution to a problem. Everyone can sell a solution. Sales people are typically the worst people at selling something…

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
My uncle is a car salesman.
He has never made it a secret that his job is an irrelevant load of shit.

But he has been winging it for over 40 years now!

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Haven't you done this thread before?

Need to step up your game bluey
His topics even if done before are still controversial.

At least he doesn't try to twist other people's words and make jokes like a virgin!

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
perhaps show me the list of all your interesting threads?
Well I don't make many as I'm sure people have no interest in reading a thread about whatever random crap instantly pops into my head.

You think your threads are interesting which is your opinion and your more than entitled to it, I personally disagree though

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I don't make many as I'm sure people have no interest in reading a thread about whatever random crap instantly pops into my head.

You think your threads are interesting which is your opinion and your more than entitled to it, I personally disagree though
yet you read them and feel an urgent need to post?

Are you short? Usually short people always have a problem… a short salesman perhaps? Hehe

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
6’2 standing on a yellow pages lol

Right.....stick to the crappy threads boost as that seems to be all your good for and attempted comedy really doesn't suit you

But hey, If that's what you think then who am I to try and change your mind, no need to get your knickers in a twist because I think your threads suck as I said it's just my opinion