What did you think of the game ? we just found our new hooker ?

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Deitz needs to be promoted immediately ahead of Kotoa (f..king average again today) and JMK who we know is average also. He showed more potential in 20 mins than JMK has in 2 season with us.

Was very concerned at certain aspects of today's game.

Atoni, Ogden and Hetherington all good.

Elliott very average except for his try. Jackson pretty good in defence and still a workhorse, Needs to stay a lock.

Hopoate is just so f..ing average. He's like the Tolman of our backline. Offers nothing really in attack or defence. I'd rather Schoupp ahead of him although he didn't do much also. We really need Staggs it seems and someone like Ryan Matterson in the forwards. to add a bit of spark.

Flanagan was okay but made a few mistakes, same with Waddell

Lewis shit again in attack. Constantly makes wrong decisions.

Wakeham was shit again in attack. Had 2 players on 1 defender outside him near the Sharks line and he decides to kick. Has no idea as a playmaker.

Meaney weak like f..k when trying to make ground.

DWZ still crap with handling issues.

The new prop who used to play for the Sharks and Tigers seems okay.

The massive kid prop for the Sharks shows there's still a place in the game for monster forwards. Wish we had one.

Wade Graham is still a massive bully f..king big mouth dickhead.

Last edited:

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don’t mean to crash this party but Deitz was playing against Cronulla rejects
I hope I'm wrong but Dietz has played NSW Cup for 4-5 years. His 20 minutes tonight was against that level. Even a fit Katoa was ordinary and i was hopeful for him. Next??

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We seemed to struggle early on, but accross 80 mins we were definitely the better team. Maybe thats due to the massive changes shortly after half time, but even still, the only tries we let in were simple overlaps. The try from the scrum was particularly disapointing, but i put that down to game management, and not poor defense. All of our tries were far more impressive, and showed more skill.
I though we did pretty well to wrap up the ball, and our wrestle was much much better,forcing them onto their backs more often then not.
All this said, our starting 13 looked pretty average. But it seemed to me that the whole game plan changed at half time. It was like 2 completely different halves, but not just because of the scoreboard. Come round 1 i think we will see a combination of both halves, and a far more impressive, fluid game.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Is it true that Tyrone Harding has left?
There’s a Tyrone Harding playing for Souths Logan this weekend with a couple other former Dogs 20’s kids.

Good chance it’s him however there was another Tyrone Harding in the same age group that played for St George so it could be him also lol.

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There’s a Tyrone Harding playing for Souths Logan this weekend with a couple other former Dogs 20’s kids.

Good chance it’s him however there was another Tyrone Harding in the same age group that played for St George so it could be him also lol.
So officially as far as we know there is only one spot available.

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We seemed to struggle early on, but accross 80 mins we were definitely the better team. Maybe thats due to the massive changes shortly after half time, but even still, the only tries we let in were simple overlaps. The try from the scrum was particularly disapointing, but i put that down to game management, and not poor defense. All of our tries were far more impressive, and showed more skill.
I though we did pretty well to wrap up the ball, and our wrestle was much much better,forcing them onto their backs more often then not.
All this said, our starting 13 looked pretty average. But it seemed to me that the whole game plan changed at half time. It was like 2 completely different halves, but not just because of the scoreboard. Come round 1 i think we will see a combination of both halves, and a far more impressive, fluid game.
Plenty of new faces have come into our squad it will take some time to form combinations and for the squad to settle in.I couldn’t watch the game but the two tries down that edge are a worry.simple defence really,both tries identical.
I’m sure Barrett will
Make some adjustments by round one. I’d be happy after the first six weeks of the comp to have two wins and then kick on a little after that as match fitness will be better and hopefully some good combinations have formed,both in attack and defence.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Our fitness looks like it’s on pointe, we should win a few games at the back end of games solely based on that.

Dietz looks lively, speed off the mark and service was good, better than current options. Similar type to Starling. Could have ourselves a diamond in the rough

Atoni, Ogden & Hetherington all went well, Cotric a handful, liking Shoupp for centre (looked strong) moving Hoppa to wing dropping Meaney.
Allen safe as houses and will turn out to be a solid buy.

The dude with the rats tail, Wakeham, Stimson, Lewis, didn’t really show much.