What did you think of the game ? we just found our new hooker ?

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
2. Okunbor 3. Hoppa 1. Allen 4. Cotric 5. Dwz
6. Averillo 7. Flanno
8. Thompson 9. Jmk 10. Atoni
11. Rfm 13. Jackson 12. Elliot
14. Deitz 15. Hetherington 16. Napa 17. Ogden
The strongest 17 we can field this year imo. Then 22 Jac replaces whoevers worse out of dwz or okunbor. Schoupp replaces hoppa burton 5.8 avo takes 14 with deitz at 9 if we dont grab a top hooker.
I like the line up but you have three props on the bench

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Not used to seeing a hooker for us with so much energy! ... I’ve never seen JMK that hungry for the try line ...I’d definitely throw him in the mix.

JAZZY92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
2. Okunbor 3. Hoppa 1. Allen 4. Cotric 5. Dwz
6. Averillo 7. Flanno
8. Thompson 9. Jmk 10. Atoni
11. Rfm 13. Jackson 12. Elliot
14. Deitz 15. Hetherington 16. Napa 17. Ogden
The strongest 17 we can field this year imo. Then 22 Jac replaces whoevers worse out of dwz or okunbor. Schoupp replaces hoppa burton 5.8 avo takes 14 with deitz at 9 if we dont grab a top hooker.
I’ve heard some rumours Atoni used to play in the centres, and he showed some real speed in the trial. With okunbor back I’d like to see this get a run, and hopefully Deitz has stamped his name and made the 9 his own by then so jmk and katoa can fuck off.

2. Okunbor 3. Cotric 1.Allen 4.Atoni 5. Meaney
6. Averillo 7. Flanno
8. Thompson 9. Deitz 10. Hetho
11. Elliot 13. Jackson 12. RFM
14. Wakeham 15. Doorey 16. Napa 17. Ogden

this way we remove hoppa and DWZ all together and atoni gets the starting spot he deserves. Not to mention that RFM to Atoni will bring in all defenders which puts Meaney on the edge into open space. Plus Elliot on the left and Atoni on the right will tighten up our edge defence.

Last edited:

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That Deitz is essentially a part time park footballer just shows how far behind the pack we are with our current no.9's

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
considering he isnt in our first grade squad and the fact we are saving that last top 30 spot for burton in case he joins us early, how many games would deitz be able to play in first grade from the nsw cup quota

JAZZY92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
considering he isnt in our first grade squad and the fact we are saving that last top 30 spot for burton in case he joins us early, how many games would deitz be able to play in first grade from the nsw cup quota
Rumour is we actually got rid of Harding so we now have 2 spots vacant. But even if we only had the one, (and I’m prepared to be disagreed with here), I think filling the spot with Deitz/Any other 9 that is competent in that role, is more important than getting burton early. What’s the point in having burton early if the service from the hooker is slow and ineffective. I think it will just create more pressure for the 2 young halves that they don’t need. Sign a 9 now. Train them with Averillo, Flanno and Allen in the spine and then reap the rewards next year when burton arrives.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I like what Dietz is doing. He is a great option and the Kennel are all supporting him.
The last time I seen such support was for a young up and comer called Lachlan Lewis. He
was the Prince of Belmore. How times have changed.

Eagle1

Banned
Reaction score
But I'd actually prefer if the 6'7'9 were all hooker quality then they could rotate so the opposition can't get a grasp on what your doing

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Horses four courses tells me Burton takes spot 30 round 3

Eagle1

Banned
Reaction score
Horses four courses tells me Burton takes spot 30 round 3
You can lead the horse to the water but can't make it drink I don't think so I think he will spend the year at center working on defence

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I like what Dietz is doing. He is a great option and the Kennel are all supporting him.
The last time I seen such support was for a young up and comer called Lachlan Lewis. He
was the Prince of Belmore. How times have changed.
i havnt seen one "perfect" game from lewis in what 4 years? he was never any good