Opinion What did Gus say to unite the team?

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope he said, I don't care what your contract says, no one is safe so get off your arses and earn it.

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The roosters made 18 errors and bombed numerous opportunities. Also, we scored an intercept and a really soft dummy half try.
So apart from the above we have been within 1% of previous weeks efforts.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I wonder if people are thinking only about the win and not the reality. If you take away the resilience we showed then what is left is that we were still very ordinary and at times dreadful. For example TPJ's attitude in the first half. Considerations must be made for how terrible the rorters were. Had they been even half of their usual standard we would have been flogged. I even remember writing in the team discussion on the day during the first half. mocking that Gus's spray did fuk all. Had the refs (NRL) got their way we would be kicking ourselves about another lost game.

I think the real test is how we respond this week. Raiders are very ripe atm moment for us to get in their and ambush them. Another very winnable game and to be honest, expected to win IMO. We will see, let's be happy for the win but not blow smoke up eachother's arses either.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
I wonder if people are thinking only about the win and not the reality. If you take away the resilience we showed then what is left is that we were still very ordinary and at times dreadful. For example TPJ's attitude in the first half. Considerations must be made for how terrible the rorters were. Had they been even half of their usual standard we would have been flogged. I even remember writing in the team discussion on the day during the first half. mocking that Gus's spray did fuk all. Had the refs (NRL) got their way we would be kicking ourselves about another lost game.

I think the real test is how we respond this week. Raiders are very ripe atm moment for us to get in their and ambush them. Another very winnable game and to be honest, expected to win IMO. We will see, let's be happy for the win but not blow smoke up eachother's arses either.
Set aside this thought for a moment, what if Roosters had actually nailed their conversions? 2 more and they equal. 3 more and they win.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Set aside this thought for a moment, what if Roosters had actually nailed their conversions? 2 more and they equal. 3 more and they win.
What if we nailed our conversion?
What if the blind as fark linesmen spotted the 2 + 1 = 3 forward passes?
None of the myriad of what if's matter, we won and we deserved to win.

Always a Bulldog

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
It can be a starting point, the team just has to make it so this week.

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We played better the week before in the first half. Roosters were atrocious. Can we give the blowing smoke up Phil Goulds arse a rest?
Agree. I haven't seen enough from Gus to hold him as high as some on here do. Time will tell.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In all seriousness, If anyone watched the Roosters Anzac Day game Gus was commenting all match how the Dragons were going about their business to beat the Roosters.

He kept saying that the Dragons were daring them to play to their edges to then give them no space & play them to the sidelines when they got there. But Don't let them through the middle, make them uncomfortable by getting up quick on the outside.

We did that mostly barring a couple of missed tackles on that human pinball Tedesco.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Hey all, just a discussion. I’m just really fascinated to know what the hell Gus said or did this week to the team to unite and motivate them? We were a completely different team this week. Do you guys think Baz actually called him up for his input or did Gus shove him aside? You reckon he threatened the players pockets? I’m curious.
Suck itttt