Opinion What did Gus say to unite the team?

R0CKY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hey all, just a discussion. I’m just really fascinated to know what the hell Gus said or did this week to the team to unite and motivate them? We were a completely different team this week. Do you guys think Baz actually called him up for his input or did Gus shove him aside? You reckon he threatened the players pockets? I’m curious.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d say he used Jacko as inspiration in some way. U often see teams lift when there captain is out. I don’t think our play was really any different.
Our play was the same if not a little bit worse compared to other games this set. The opposition simply wasn’t up to it on the night either.
Some individual brilliance in attack won us the game. The only time we function properly as a team in my view is in defence.

With what Gus said I know he is a man that lives in the past and I know there would have been a speech of sorts about the players who have worn the jersey and what they achieved in the good times.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all, just a discussion. I’m just really fascinated to know what the hell Gus said or did this week to the team to unite and motivate them? We were a completely different team this week. Do you guys think Baz actually called him up for his input or did Gus shove him aside? You reckon he threatened the players pockets? I’m curious.
I think not much changed.
We failed to score more than 3 trys and were lucky we played a Roosters team that probably served up their worst performance in a decade.

We take the win, but i'd very pissed off even any of our players and coaches think we've turned a corner, coz I haven't seen it.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
He said if you don't win this game your gunna be a pack of bums all your life.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lose & I'll stop next week's wages from being paid.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think it was coincidence. I reckon the win was coming anyway....Roosters are in their worst form in years.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
"OK team,

Drop your pants, at attention.............................................."