What decision would you have preferred

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janice

Kennel Established
Reaction score
With all this happening at the Sharks at the start of he season. In 2002 what would you have preferred knowing about the salary cap at the beginning of the season ( knowing that we had no chance at all to win the GF) or finding out when we did at virtually the end of the season when we were all geared up to probably win the premiership.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It was a pretty exciting season. Heartbreaking to get the news when we were on such i high but i think i'm glad we got to have something good before the sadness of seeing the dream crumble near the finish line.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
2002 and crushed me as a fan, I would have rathers known at the start of the year, finding out at the end when we were thinking premiership glory was very tough, I remember it like it was yesterday

Reaction score
it was good finding about it when it happened. Would not have liked winning gf and then getting stripped like melbourne.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Looking back .... it worked out for the best the way it unfolded.

The alternatives were to play-for-no-points (like Melbourne), or have the premiership stripped after the fact (which would have been a bigger let down).

chadiwrx

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Looking back .... it worked out for the best the way it unfolded.

The alternatives were to play-for-no-points (like Melbourne), or have the premiership stripped after the fact (which would have been a bigger let down).
This, As I got to enjoy some most of the season than no joy at all. It would have been a very long season had it happened in the start & playing for no points.

MrCharisma

Legendary
Reaction score
In 2002 we were all fortunate enough to experience the high's and low's. We may have been stripped of the competition points but they can't take away the amazing experience seeing 17 straight victories.

Knowing at the start of the season would have made 2002 a write off. I wouldn't have physically or emotionally invested into that year but I wouldn't had the low that we all experienced.

Good question.

slobbythegreat

Waterboy
Reaction score
Definitely when we did. I wore blue and white for a week when that happened...i was gutted but committed to standing behind them. Id hate to have had the premiership stripped like Melbourne. It also made 04 that much sweeter!

Status
Not open for further replies.