What are the double standards that you see?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are so many double standards in society, you can't do this but it's acceptable for someone else to do it etc.

At work I noticed at a girls workstation she has a calendar with a topless guy on it. It's there for everyone to see. What would happened if I put a topless girl pic at my work station for all to see ?

Taking a girl to dinner , unless your a renter you need to pay for her meal but what is her obligation ?

What double standards are you seeing every day

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Something to do with renters....
I don't think there is double standards with renters. It's more factual than double standards

Renters generally smoke cigarettes, drink cask wine, squander their money on useless things, buy cheap branded big TVs, get into brawls with family and friends, don't cater properly at bbq (byo), buy cars on finance to try show off, wear fake jewellry.

What is the double standards?

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There are so many double standards in society, you can't do this but it's acceptable for someone else to do it etc.

At work I noticed at a girls workstation she has a calendar with a topless guy on it. It's there for everyone to see. What would happened if I put a topless girl pic at my work station for all to see ?

Taking a girl to dinner , unless your a renter you need to pay for her meal but what is her obligation ?

What double standards are you seeing every day
Can you put a topless women’s calendar at your work station and tell us the results?

sillymaddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don't think there is double standards with renters. It's more factual than double standards

Renters generally smoke cigarettes, drink cask wine, squander their money on useless things, buy cheap branded big TVs, get into brawls with family and friends, don't cater properly at bbq (byo), buy cars on finance to try show off, wear fake jewellry.

What is the double standards?
I can't go to the bank and say hey buddy not paying the mortgage this month cause my back room light switch stopped working and when you fix it I'll pay..... A renter can say rubbish like that and are protected by rental legislation acts and handbooks, why am I not given the same courtesy?
If someone renting isn't happy with maintenance , legally they could in certain states, bring in a tradie to the effect of 5% of total yearly rent charges to do the repairs at the cost of the landlord if repairs are not done within 4 weeks of whinging, it's complicated but all in all when can I put up my big booby calendar?

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Seems pretty clear you've bought a house on finance to try and show off lol

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
When people try and isolate you then call you greedy because your a solo effort, didn't plan it like that.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Taking a girl to dinner , unless your a renter you need to pay for her meal but what is her obligation?
Dessert - and I’m not talking about dessert in the restaurant... catch my drift;)

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Equality is a big fat lie.
End of the day no matter what, women need men more than men need women.

Women in most cases refuse to do the backbreaking,dangerous and dirty jobs a lot of men end up taking on.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm ok with double standards.
I don't understand why everything has to be equal.

I just can't stand the whinging about it.

I really don't care that blacks can run around saying the N word, and whites can't.
It's not a word that comes up in my daily vocabulary.

I don't care that men are generally expected to pay, who really cares?

I don't care that men do most of the physically demanding dirty shit jobs, by and large men are better suited.

I don't care that more woman work as teachers, child care, nurses and the like, they are generally more compassionate and nurturing and thus generally better suited.

It's ok to not have equality.

The standards don't have to be equal.

And it's ok.

It's also ok for breaking away from the so called standards.

In the example in the original post regarding the lady with the topless male calender,
If a man in that same office posted a lady swimsuits calender I'm sure it would be accepted also.

Topless might be going to far.

Its not a double standard.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Equality is a big fat lie.
End of the day no matter what, women need men more than men need women.

Women in most cases refuse to do the backbreaking,dangerous and dirty jobs a lot of men end up taking on.
I disagree.

I think men and woman need each other equally.

And I'm ok with men And woman having different expectations of each other.

What I'm not ok with is trying to make everything equal.

I don't think that's sensible

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I disagree.

I think men and woman need each other equally.

And I'm ok with men And woman having different expectations of each other.

What I'm not ok with is trying to make everything equal.

I don't think that's sensible
Men and women are not equal in everything