What are some memories of your wonder years?

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I remember the chairlift. It was there unused for a few years after MM closed. Grundy's was another old school Gold Coast theme park.
I do remember seeing a really great magic show there one time. One part of the show, had a motorbike ride up a ramp, fly across the stage and seemingly vanish in a puff of smoke / explosion.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
we were actually talking along those lines at work while waiting out a breakdown during the week, what do you remember as the best years

most of us said 10 to 20 years ago life was simpler, people didnt get offended as easy and as often, kids could play with more daring like on monkey bars and twirl swings, home cooking was more the norm, communication more face to face, reliability of a workforce was more stable, politicians actually focused on agriculture and feeding australians, the family home didnt have to be a big brick house with 4 or 5 bedrooms, those big amrican utes were not seen on our roads, there were only 2 genders

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I remember as a kid, going on holiday, up and down the east coast of Australia, EVERY tourist gift shop, would be selling this collection of swizzle sticks, for some unknown reason. It would be enough to leave today's generation of perpetually offended beta-male soyboys and blue haired land-whales, permanently damaged and triggered into a state of "literally shaking". But, at the time, gave some amusement to sniggering schoolboys, many dads, and the occasional mum. Still not sure what it had to do with promoting tourism, in whatever fishing port, pineapple or banana growing region, or surfing town that was selling them. Despite my best efforts at the time, my parents would never let me have any - lol. Just as well these days, I guess.
Dude, that bit had me cracking up :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Tagging @Mr 95% and @ASSASSIN for the LOLz.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
we were actually talking along those lines at work while waiting out a breakdown during the week, what do you remember as the best years

most of us said 10 to 20 years ago life was simpler, people didnt get offended as easy and as often, kids could play with more daring like on monkey bars and twirl swings, home cooking was more the norm, communication more face to face, reliability of a workforce was more stable, politicians actually focused on agriculture and feeding australians, the family home didnt have to be a big brick house with 4 or 5 bedrooms, those big amrican utes were not seen on our roads, there were only 2 genders
The playing of kids one is funny all my mates that now have kids the second they are out of their eyesight (mainly the wives and partners) scream tearing down the hallway or backyard or whatever arms flailing in a panic screaming their name. Then come in the house kid in arms kissing their head going oh god oh god breathing hard like they just snatched their kid from Madeline McCanns kidnapper.

Mum use to go sweet make sure you are home before the street lights are on. Here is $10 so you can get a chips and gravy and a coke and play street fighter now I’m going to have a cheeky wine and watch the tennis.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Twenty years ago you could relieve yourself quietly in twenty minutes, these days they self destruct society so get a bit of contempt.