What are some memories of your wonder years?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Might be a weird question but did anyone else sleep with their friends when in like highschool and stuff at sleepovers? Someone today told me that was weird.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not sure if you know but I think on YouTube they have some documentaries on the man. I loved this guy too. Amazing how many bones this guy broke too.
Being Evel is a good one made a few years ago and a good watch, he was seriously a crazy bastard who done good..
My memory is vague but did his son follow in his footsteps but with less fanfare/success?

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Being Evel is a good one made a few years ago and a good watch, he was seriously a crazy bastard who done good..
My memory is vague but did his son follow in his footsteps but with less fanfare/success?
100% mate, Robbie Kneivel. I think he re-enacted a few of his Dad's jumps.
That being Evel doco is great, it wasn't a real specific science back then to calculate everything, sketchy as. Basically just hope you've got enough speed or goodnight. That one crash he had, can't remember what jump, showed in super slo-mo was incredible how that didn't claim him for good. Crazy guy.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Hmm those were the days. I Tell my boys (15 and 16) about the thungs I.got upto at thier age. They just look at me like im farked the head...
Best I can come up with... in year 4 at school we all had a sleep over night in the class room towards the end of the year. Back then, the boys left school in year 4 and went onto high school whereas the girls would stay at the school for year 5 and 6. So as we were all being split up the entire year 4 (all 3 classes) got to sleep over one Friday night. Basically, when school finished we went down to the pools for a couple of hours of swimming (it was December), then when that finished we cam back to school and had showers then went to McDonalds for a cheap $5 dinner (which was pretty big back then), then we came back to school. The boys spent the evening playing touch footy in the play ground whereas the girls stayed in doors and do whatever girls do. When night fell we all watched movies in the classes, either Jurassic Park or Aladin lol. Then we all slept in our sleeping bags in the class room.

The next morning, Saturday, we all had breakfast in the staff room then went home when whichever one of our parents came to pick us up.

Last edited:

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Best I can come up with... in year 4 at school we all had a sleep over night in the class room towards the end of the year. Back then, the boys left school in year 4 and went onto high school whereas the girls would stay at the school for year 5 and 6. So as we were all being split up the entire year 4 (all 3 classes) got to sleep over one Friday night. Basically, when school finished we went down to the pools for a couple of hours of swimming (it was December), then when that finished we cam back to school and had showers then went to McDonalds for a cheap $5 dinner (which was pretty big back then), then we came back to school. The boys spent the evening playing touch footy in the play ground whereas the girls stayed in doors and do whatever girls do. When night fell we all watch movies in the classes, either Jurassic Park or Aladin lol. Then we all slept in our sleeping bags in the class room.

The next morning, Saturday, we all had breakfast in the staff room then went home when whichever one of our parents came to pick us up.
Left for high school after Year 4?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Left for high school after Year 4?
Yep. Our primary school was fairly small so couldn't house the boys for years 5 and 6, so we went onto high school after that. You'll notice there are some boys high schools, mainly private ones, that have enrollment from year 5.