What are some memories of your wonder years?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Servos... that reminds me of an old teenage story lol.

Me and my mates went out to watch a movie on night when before we got our P's and as the movie didn't finish until midnight his dad insisted on picking us up and taking us home - this is before the days of Uber - not to mention getting a taxi from near the cinemas was almost impossible let alone at that hour. So he picked us up and we went. He stopped at a servo to fill up and old mate asked his dad to get a Snickers bar. It was $2.70 - however I saw one next to it that said 2 for $2.80 so I said to him "No get that one - 2 for $2.80" and his dad (in his very thick woggy accent) said "What's this stupid country? One for $2.70 but 2 for $2.80"

:tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Lost my shit laughing.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I had them too.

We used to play flicks for keeps.
Same. I used to always break even on that lol. Memories of the 90s.

We used to do this thing too called "Rumbles" - so one of the boys would take his cards and go to one of the classroom verandahs on top of the playground and flick his cards off there and you would see kids rumbling each other trying to get the cards as they came down :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Putting 20c pieces into the back of my grandmothers blacknwhite rental TV and running out of coins mid movie.

Going to the shops to buy a pack of Rothman King filter Cigs for her for 90c when I was 10 or 11 and also buying a single and a couple of frogs to smoke and eat on the way back with the change..

Showbags at the Easter Show/EKA were 50c each and heaps of shit in them.

Getting picked up for footy training in the coaches bread van and all of us riding in the back.

Riding my pushy to Belmore, catching and pinching Steve Gearin or Greg Brentall goals kicked onto the train lines.

Sunny boys and Glugs

Pinching samples out of letterboxes like Tang crystals, and then blowing up same letterboxes after cracker night.

2 for a cent caramel butters or freckles

Hey Hey it’s Saturday

Drinking and getting shitfaced with other kids on the half drunk glasses of wine beer or scotch left around at family get togethers like Chrissy.

Playing cricket in the driveway until well after dark with a lamp pinched from the Lounge room for light

Being a pit brat at Amaroo, Warwick Farm and Oran Park while my old man raced.

Evel Knievel stunt toy for Xmas one year.

School excursion to the 1st Maccas in OZ on the Hume Hwy Yagoona

All the different foods at World Fair food hall in the original Bankstown Square and Waltons Dept store next door

Last edited:

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I actually never knew that.. Cool
In the early 2000s the team moved to New Orleans and became the New Orlean Hornets. A few years later Charlotte got another NBA team and were known as the Bobcats. In 2014 the owner of New Orleans wanted to become the Pelicans because it was more related to New Orleans than Hornets and so Charlotte were able to change back to the Hornets.

Wahesh

Reaction score
In the early 2000s the team moved to New Orleans and became the New Orlean Hornets. A few years later Charlotte got another NBA team and were known as the Bobcats. In 2014 the owner of New Orleans wanted to become the Pelicans because it was more related to New Orleans than Hornets and so Charlotte were able to change back to the Hornets.
So they went back to the Hornets despite the fact that it was a new team altogether in every way. Pretty stupid to move to the first place IMO. They should've just given New Orleans a franchise.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Whenever I see the title of this thread I think of Kevin Arnold (or Kevin Amole, if you know you know)

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
My highest score in backyard cricket growing up was 315 not out ... It took two days, and spanned 9months because the two I was playing against had to go home after day one when I was 180*, and they didn't return until after winter. On day 2, I was like "rememeber last time", then I batted until dark.

Wahesh

Reaction score
My highest score in backyard cricket growing up was 315 not out ... It took two days, and spanned 9months because the two I was playing against had to go home after day one when I was 180*, and they didn't return until after winter. On day 2, I was like "rememeber last time", then I batted until dark.
Good old backyard cricket. Did you have automatic wicket keeper?

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Good old backyard cricket. Did you have automatic wicket keeper?
Hit back fence on the full
Is out over the fence on the full is out..
In the pool on the full is six

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Australia’s Wonderland was such an awesome place. I worked there twice , In food outlets when I was a teenager and as a rides operator when I was 20. As well as having a wonderpass for 4 years. I went there hundreds of times. It was a shame when it closed.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I watched a few classic Simpsons episodes last night. I used to LOVE 6:00pm weeknights putting it on channel 10 and just indulging in it. I even knew when all the commercials were going to be during those classic episodes :grinning:

1621483361645.png

1621483445060.png

1621483389019.png

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Peg Boat Races! When it was raining enough to get a current in the gutter, my brother and I would go out and play Peg Boat Races.

Split apart pegs and write names on them, and like horse racing let them go downstream. Good fun.