What are some memories of your wonder years?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
When you could walk in a shop and buy toilet paper and 2 packets of pasta

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Remember the Irish comedian doing the add.?
There brown ,their white no no no their white their brown
LMAO yeah I remember that. We're going back about 25 years now but I remember that one.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When you could walk in a shop and buy toilet paper and 2 packets of pasta
The good old days. I used to go to the shops with a dollar and get two packets of chips a chocolate bar a can of coke and a 20 cent bag of mixed lollies and still have change. These days there are too many video cameras to get away with that sort of thing.

Wahesh

Reaction score
With The Simpsons Coronavirus meme (yes I know it's not real), it got me thinking that I LOVED watching episodes of the Simpsons back in the 90s - even re-runs. I remember tuning into channel 10 every night at 6pm ready to watch it. Within a few seconds of the show starting, I knew which episode it was. I love that show.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Freedom. I never thought the climate we're currently living in would be something we'd be doing back when I was a kid.

Thegoldtoothrat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
In the winter all the kids in my neighborhood used to meet down the park and play big games of footy rain, hail or shine. Then in the summer it was a wheely bin in the middle of the street for cricket. At night it was knock and run or rockn roofs at the grumpy old neighbors whod run us off the road playn cricket. Good times. We had a good crew.

Thegoldtoothrat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Packet of cigarettes on average was only $6.
The only way you would pay $5 for a can of beam is if you were stupid enough to visit Perisher or Thredbo.
Super Nintendo.
Nintendo 64.
Sony PlayStation, which then became the PlayStation then the PSX and finally PS1.

I also remember when everyone chipped play stations and sold dodgy camcorder quality movies that were not avalible in our cinemas via VCD and required 2 discs to watch a full movie!
Everyone thought they were the shit for doing that but true pirates always wear an eye patch.
Carton of vb twist tops $16.99 and a foil for $20 on a friday night when i was a teenager. No one drinks throw downs anymore used to stay ice cold.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man there are some classics in that. Cartoons these days don't have shit on these!! The crap kids watch today is absurd
Agree,

Check out these 1960's to 1980"s superhero cartoon intros, grew up watching this, especially the 60"s & 70"s ones.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry,

Just realised I have posted this before.

Bit of a worry.

I will piss off so I don't become even more annoying.